Set account passwords in Active Directory to not expire using script

hello,is there some sort of script to untick "change password at next logon" and tick "password never expire" option for all accounts in a specific OU in Server 2012 R2? I know its possible to do this using GUI, but i want to do this programmatically for reasons. I have found this code and tried running it in powershell. i get the message it was successfully executed but no change has been actually done. would like to know if there is a proper code to achieve this. Thanks

dsquery user “OU={your target OU},DC={your domain},DC={your domain extension}” | dsmod user -pwdneverexpires yes

26 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

hello,is there some sort of script to untick "change password at next logon" and tick "password never expire" option for all accounts in a specific OU in Server 2012 R2? I know its possible to do this using GUI, but i want to do this programmatically for reasons. I have found this code and tried running it in powershell. i get the message it was successfully executed but no change has been actually done. would like to know if there is a proper code to achieve this. Thanks

dsquery user “OU={your target OU},DC={your domain},DC={your domain extension}” | dsmod user -pwdneverexpires yes

Use powerhsell for it. 

Import-Module ActiveDirectory
Get-ADGroupMember -Identity "TestGroup" | Set-ADUser -PasswordNeverExpires:$True

Just replace 'Test Group' with your own like 'Domain Users'.

10 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Use powerhsell for it. 

Import-Module ActiveDirectory
Get-ADGroupMember -Identity "TestGroup" | Set-ADUser -PasswordNeverExpires:$True

Just replace 'Test Group' with your own like 'Domain Users'.

should 'Test Group' be replaced by the name of the OU? I just tried the 2 commands that u quoted and replaced 'Test Group' with my OU name and it gave me an error saying cannot find an object name with the identity. I doubled checked spellings of my OU name.

5 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

should 'Test Group' be replaced by the name of the OU? I just tried the 2 commands that u quoted and replaced 'Test Group' with my OU name and it gave me an error saying cannot find an object name with the identity. I doubled checked spellings of my OU name.

No it's not done by OU it's done by AD group membership. By default every account is a member of Domain Users.

If you need it done by OU then

Get-ADUser -Filter * -SearchBase “ou=ouname,dc=company,dc=com” | Set-ADUser -PasswordNeverExpires:$True

10 minutes ago, leadeater said:

No it's not done by OU it's done by AD group membership. By default every account is a member of Domain Users.

If you need it done by OU then

Get-ADUser -Filter * -SearchBase “ou=ouname,dc=company,dc=com” | Set-ADUser -PasswordNeverExpires:$True

I think its working:).

Does this code make password to never expire enabled when creating an account also? I made a couple of test accounts and it looks like it

14 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

I think its working:).

Does this code make password to never expire enabled when creating an account also? I made a couple of test accounts and it looks like it

No, it will only change existing accounts. Group Policy has configuration for setting default user account properties like that.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/set-password-to-never-expire-for-domain-accounts-in-windows-server/