Questions regarding PC case

Cool_BoyD^-^

If you guys have to buy a new pc case (itx,m atx or atx), what are the things you will look for?

I look at a case based on expandability and functionality and 100% ignore visuals / rgb / tempered glass stuff. if I need to I can paint/weld anything to a case if need be.

tempered glass reminds me a lot of those fake wood 1980s console stereo cabinets so i usually avoid going back to that look again

19 minutes ago, Cool_BoyD^-^ said:

If you guys have to buy a new pc case (m itx,m atx or atx), what are the things you will look for?

Pros:

Good tempered glass/side panel mounting System (or at least ones that dont suck)

More than just 240mm RAD support. (280, 360. anything more is a bonus but starts making cases bigger than they need to be)

Good airflow, either mesh front, or Proper vertical side ventilation 

Proper implementation of a PSU shroud, with SSD mounts, ventilation holes on the top, a top door for RADS, or a combination of the three

Smart cable management features. Fractal, NZXT and Phanteks have their ducks in a row. The rest have some left to be desired.

PSU Bracket and AIO Brackets for easy installation 

Modular/Removable Hard Drive cages

3.1 Gen 2 Type C (not all Type C ports run at the faster speed, you need the new connector for it)

Cons

Horizontal (top and bottom) intakes (P400 and S340)

RGB thats Proprietary (NZXT, Corsair, etc)

Indifferent

Native Vertical GPU mounts (ONLY use these if you're watercooling your GPU!!!)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I look first at functionality, which is very subjective.

1. I want a exterior bay for a Bluray Drive, most people don't want these anymore, but I still use CD's alot

2. I want good front bay i/o, though if a case hase everything else going for it and has an expansion bay this can be fixed with a $20 expansion bay piece

3. Good cable management options

4. Airflow design

5. Spacious, room for fans and drives

6. No molex connectors. When a case comes with a bunch of molex fans and front i/o, it's either old or built cheaply, and if they used cheap fans and front i/o, there's a good chance they cheaped out in other areas

7. Good material feel, I know this may seem not a functional matter, but details count. If they have ugly plain steel innards, that's the same as the molex connectors. I look for quality details and design, because these case manufacturers are companies at the end of the day. They could make more money buy focusing only on the important things, so when I see a company focus on the less important things, the little details, I know they care about the customer too, not just the bottom line. It lets me trust that their product will last.

Having said all that, I'm not buying a case again. I'm building my own desk where the top drawer on the left is my PC case

It will be easily customized, able to be changed and upgraded down the road, and it will have whatever features I want along with great linear airflow

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

7 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

6. No molex connectors

Can I get an AMEN

Screw Molex. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1. It has room and convenient mounting for everything I plan to fit inside
  2. It has room and convenient mounting for everything I plan to fit inside
  3. Good Airflow and fan placement
  4. Good Dust filtering (good filters where they matter, easy removal and cleaning of said filters
  5. No unnecessary lights
  6. No glass or other unnecessarily fragile/heavy materials

I rarely can get everything on the list maxed out (like, there's always the silly LED here and there), and the choice set gets pretty narrow among the newest cases, but luckily there's still plenty older stuff around and a few "alternative designs" to cover my needs for now.

1 hour ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Air flow, tempered glass, PSU shroud, cable management, and size. I'm amped for only one case...

When is the release date?

1 hour ago, Meltz said:

When is the release date?

I emailed them last week. Response was June for US.

4 hours ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I emailed them last week. Response was June for US.

Damn! Thats to late for me. Im shoping for my build in like 4 weeks