Good Sound Card For SPH9500

needlestrike

When using my sph9500 I can hear static and its really quiet, Ive tried fixing it but it didnt work, what kind of sound card would be good for my headphones to replace the onboard one? 

Another sound card would likely still have noise since it's inside the system. I solved this issue for myself by using a USB DAC.

Perhaps @Max_Settings can make some recommendations.

15 minutes ago, kmathieu2220 said:

I would give this a shot - it helped me out when I was experiencing the same problem. And it's cheap so if it doesn't solve the problem you didn't burn too much cash on it at least. 

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2

Thanks, but will I be able to still use the microphone in the other port while using this and does it cause any delays?

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

What’s your budget? Try the FX Audio DAC X6 for $65.

Around $40

4 hours ago, needlestrike said:

It will not improve your experience as much as a DAC+AMP combo but it should clear up any noise your experiencing and even if it doesn't looks like it could be used with consoles and other audio devices so im sure you could find a use for it. 

I would buy it and give it a shot its only $10.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, pas008 said:

is this from the rear ports on back of the case?

Its quiet and hissing both ways

On 3/28/2018 at 1:29 PM, needlestrike said:

When using my sph9500 I can hear static and its really quiet, Ive tried fixing it but it didnt work, what kind of sound card would be good for my headphones to replace the onboard one? 

I have the Sabaj Da2 for my shp9500. I recommend it over any soundcard. It is more than you are saying but at 40, spend way less and get a syba usb stereo adapter.

On 2018-03-30 at 5:41 PM, needlestrike said:

Its quiet and hissing both ways

Yeesh. That could indeed be interference. @needlestrike ... Is your heart set on an internal sound card, or would you consider an external DAC & amp option?

BTW, I was lucky... my HP Deskpro had a silent background (I wanted to get a toy, so jumped on the DAC/amp wagon).

Edited by Guest
Tag

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, PrometheanCat-1970 said:

Yeesh. That could indeed be interference. @needlestrike ... Is your heart set on an internal sound card, or would you consider an external DAC & amp option?

BTW, I was lucky... my HP Deskpro had a silent background (I wanted to get a toy, so jumped on the DAC/amp wagon).

It doesnt have to be a sound card, I just said sound card because I dont want to spend like $200 on a DAC+amp

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, kmathieu2220 said:

I would give this a shot - it helped me out when I was experiencing the same problem. And it's cheap so if it doesn't solve the problem you didn't burn too much cash on it at least. 

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2

Thanks, I got this and I hear absolutely no hissing