iPhone 7's Apple ID stolen !

lior1111

Hi , im speaking in the name of my grandmother that got an iphone 7 as a gift from my uncle a while ago. 
She used the phone normally without any issues for quite some time. 
Then this one day , she suddenly is unable to access her apple ID. She still got email access and everything and i checked her email out , turns out she got an email about a password change and a trusted phone number change.
It basically means we still own the email the account is registered on , but we cannot change the password nor logout of the current apple id and log in with a new one , the phone is LOCKED. 
The two major proofs that we have is the receipt for the phone purchase and email access to the apple IDs email. 

when i say that to apple they are saying that it doesn't matter , the receipt is in a foreign language they do not understand so they are not accepting that receipt (hebrew receipt , cant get an english one as the provider just cannot provide an english receipt) and they dont care about me having mail access . i basically asked one of the representatives on the phone : " so what are you telling me , that her phone is useless? that i should throw it to the trash can?" the representative answered : " Yes " .
I find it really really really hard to believe that because of somekind of a sudden "hack" or a break , a simple change of passwords can just make a new iphone 7 worth nothing, as if you dont log in to your apple id for too long , the phone literally makes himself useless. you cant do anything , I didnt think its going to happen , but today - it did. my grandmas iphone 7 is as good as trash right now. 
I feel really bad for her and i want to fix it as much as i wouldve wanted to fix if it was my own phone , but im just out of ideas .. 
I would appreciate any kind of help to maybe fix that. 
Thank you.

so since you got an email about the trusted email  and password change.. sounds more like the account was stolen to me... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

so since you got an email about the trusted email  and password change.. sounds more like the account was stolen to me... 

well yeah , the title of the thread might not be right man . my bad. 
is there anything i can do though

Just now, lior1111 said:

well yeah , the title of the thread might not be right man . my bad. 
is there anything i can do though

Keep calling and escalating with supervisors.. basically until Apple fixes the account compromise, they are right.. youre SOL on it.. Got to be persistent with this and constantly bug them. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Can't you reset her password again? You have access to her e-mail, it should be as simple as going here and requesting a password reset.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If the email is functioning - recover the password? https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Also, isn't there a local Apple representative, that you can contact?

For the future - use two-factor authentication.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Can't you reset her password again? You have access to her e-mail, it should be as simple as going here and requesting a password reset.

thats probably not going to work as the Trusted Phone Number on the account changed, so if they send a confirmation code to make sure you are who you are, you wont be able to do it. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

2 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

If the email is functioning - recover the password? https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

For the future - use two-factor authentication.

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

thats probably not going to work as the Trusted Phone Number on the account changed, so if they send a confirmation code to make sure you are who you are, you wont be able to do it. 

Yep.. Without the trusted phone number i cannot do anything. 

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Unless the crook is dumb enough to enter the code himself.

At this point, no harm in trying, unlesd the code is supposed to be entered ibto the iPhone itself I suppose.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Have you tried calling customer service again (or going into an Apple store), because it sounds like you just ran into an asshat. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Have you tried calling customer service again (or going into an Apple store), because it sounds like you just ran into an asshat. 

Most likely this is the case. Many of the "unhelpful" sort won't make it past the lowest rung of customer support, and so this is where the "Keep Trying" advice comes in.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Most likely this is the case. Many of the "unhelpful" sort won't make it past the lowest rung of customer support, and so this is where the "Keep Trying" advice comes in.

thank you , i will. :)