Kitchen Technology

nsyedhasan

So I've wondering whether I can integrate a Tablet, Nexus 7, into a microwave. I want to make it really sleek. I want it to be something in the counter top so I can chop up vegetables and things. Also I want to also scroll through the recipe. Also I would love for the wallpaper to change and music to play. I like for it still be usable with the touchscreen. I am willing to pay about 500$. Also feel free to leave other suggestions. :)

Quote me to get a reply!

Integration of the tablet into a fridge:

You may ask how this would be useful to everyday life well I'll tell you it has many uses. It can used for telling you what you have in the fridge and the items expiery date. It could also tell you what to buy whe nyou go shopping for groceries. If you're entire kitchen was connected life would be so much easier. What if you also had robots to make your food, nevermind maybe there would be a food war. Nexus 7s are cheap so it wouldnt be expensive to integrate into existing appliances all would you need is an app.

How to integrate technology into a rice cooker.

You can integrate technology in a rice cooker to take use of higher functionality. No more should you have to suffer the wrath of over or undercooked rice. You can scan the UPC code of the rice into it and the rice cooker can input the right settings to get the rice just right! Whether it is long grain or short grain, sushi style or not, it will be perfect for everyday use. Perfect rice shall ensue.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If they had a nexus 7 in a stove that would be amazing! You could be cooking food and the tablet could be in the stove or something? You know those cook tops with glass tops? 

that would be soo awesome playing angry birds and seeing the cool weather. If it had inergration with the stove and the heat would be aweome. Google now on it would also me amazing

being able to say Ok google, how long do i need to cook this chicken?

I am a happy wuffy

We need magnetic food.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

There seems to be quite a few people on here that design and sell kitchens, I would suggest contacting them.

:P

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

use this and the tablet. seamless integration

4229p.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So I've wondering whether I can integrate a Tablet, Nexus 7, into a microwave. I want to make it really sleek. I want it to be something in the counter top so I can chop up vegetables and things. Also I want to also scroll through the recipe. Also I would love for the wallpaper to change and music to play. I like for it still be usable with the touchscreen. I am willing to pay about 500$. Also feel free to leave other suggestions. :)

Spam!

Reported for kitchen spam

This needs a magnet.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Spam!

Guys this is a serious topic. I want to know about how I can do this. Also look at my post count.

Quote me to get a reply!

Guys this is a serious topic. I want to know about how I can do this. Also look at my post count.

There isn't any existing software that can pair an android phone with whatever your microwave happens to be. Therefore some programming would be required. Fortunately microwaves are easy enough to program IF you can connect it to your computer in a way that let's you alter the code. You would also need an app or something similar for the nexus device. This is also easy if you know what you're doing. A simple soundboard app can be re-engineered to change the functions of the buttons for example, add a few sliders and you have everything you need.

Then you need a way to connect the android device to the microwave. I would go down the route of a bluetooth receiver or something similar if you can connect it to the board on the microwave, that leaves the phones USB free so you can split off some of the power that goes into the microwave and keep the phone charged full time. Messing around with bluetooth signals is going to be a pain, much like everything else, the microwave won't natively support having all functions come through a single input. Finally you also need a way to mount it. It is definitely possible, but it's a lot of work. 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

this is not kitchen spam.

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

I thought Leap Motion would make it easy to use a tablet/computer while cooking as in not have to touch the screen/mouse/keyboard but it basically sucked balls so you're stuck getting food on your tablet.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

You better not start selling kitchens to us!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

why not ask our friendly guys from birmingham kitchens ? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

• 1 month later...

Bump

Dat necro bump tho

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

• 1 year later...

I am sad that this never ended up happening. :^(

i know, my kitchen feels so non-techy

I am a happy wuffy