Where do I buy a NEW ps3? -_-

KieuVanQuan
On 17.3.2018 at 5:09 PM, KieuVanQuan said:

Is a used one safe to buy?

Now I have both a Slim and a Super Slim (12GB).

First Impression:
The Super Slim seems quieter to me because no annoying Bearing/Motor noise. Although its entirely possible that the fan of my Slim isn't in the best shape. Or that its normal.

The Super Slim is less round than the Slim.

Power Consumption is the same with both.

The Top Loader Disc Tray of the super slim is kinda bullshit and feels kinda cheapish...

As for the Connections: Both are the same, 2x USB, Analogue A/V, HDMI, 2pin Power, LAN...

The 12GB Super Slim comes without an HDD Tray, so you might want to order one seperately (rather cheap from Hong Kong)...

As for Space on the Desk, the Slim is a fair amount larger than the Super Slim...

Besides that, throw a coin and get whatever you can get for less....

The Advantage of the Super Slim is that its available with a large 500GB HDD, while the Slim comes with 120 or 160GB wich you have to replace anyway...

Choose your poision...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

The Advantage of the Super Slim is that its available with a large 500GB HDD, while the Slim comes with 120 or 160GB wich you have to replace anyway...

They also made a few 250GB and 320GB Slim models. I agree on replacing a 120GB or 160GB drive, as it's not much if you like buying digital games off PSN. I currently have a 160GB PS3 fat (CECHQ01) and I don't have room to install any more games on it right now even though all I have installed currently is:

1. Catherine

2. Drakengard 3

3. God of War 2

4. inFAMOUS

5. Journey

6. Ni No Kuni

7. Okami

8. Tales of Xillia

9. Ratchet & Clank

10. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

11. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne

and then patches for Yakuza 3 and The Last of Us (which I have on disc). I have no media whatsoever stored on the drive and have no extra programs installed. A lot of these games are pretty small too. Two of them are straight PS2 games and then three more are light PS3 remasters of PS2 games. Then Journey is around 500MB.

One thing supremely annoying about PS3 digital games is you need more than double the free space the game takes up to install it. So for example God of War Ascension requires 80GB free space to install, which means wiping most of my installed games and patches if I want to put it on, since 160GB is really 149GB and god knows how much space Sony wants to take for the OS and other assorted software it installs. I keep putting off changing the hard drive since I can't decide if I want to buy a 2TB drive for my PS4 and move the PS4 500GB drive to the PS3 or just buy a 1TB drive for the PS3.

23 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

My 16 years old PSX works just fine to this date lol

My PS2 Slim also functions flawlessly. though as I regrettably sold my old Pokemon Ruby game to help fund it (middle school), it had better remain functional...

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

15 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

They also made a few 250GB and 320GB Slim models. I agree on replacing a 120GB or 160GB drive, as it's not much if you like buying digital games off PSN.

Yeah and even if you don't its not much more...

I have a 500GB SSD in my Slim PS3 and still 300GB or so left although I have some pretty huge games installed (Ni no Kuni - thats around 25GB and Drakengard 3 with Japanese Voices, around the same size).

With the 120GB Drive I could fit like 2 or three games - granted that Ni no Kuni and Drakengard 3 alone take up half the space of the drive.

I currently have a 160GB PS3 fat (CECHQ01) and I don't have room to install any more games on it right now even though all I have installed currently is:

1. Catherine

2. Drakengard 3

3. God of War 2

4. inFAMOUS

5. Journey

6. Ni No Kuni

7. Okami

8. Tales of Xillia

9. Ratchet & Clank

10. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

11. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne

The funny thing is that out of those 11 I already have three -> Ni no Kuni, Drakengard 3 and Tales of Xillia. Infamous and Ratchet and Clank are on my list and I'm thinking about catherine right now (as it is on sale for 5 bucks or so)...

One thing supremely annoying about PS3 digital games is you need more than double the free space the game takes up to install it. So for example God of War Ascension requires 80GB free space to install, which means wiping most of my installed games and patches if I want to put it on, since 160GB is really 149GB and god knows how much space Sony wants to take for the OS and other assorted software it installs. I keep putting off changing the hard drive since I can't decide if I want to buy a 2TB drive for my PS4 and move the PS4 500GB drive to the PS3 or just buy a 1TB drive for the PS3.

Is GoW Ascetion worth it??

PS: I wanted a FAT PS3 also but the previous owner had no idea about the  Consoles and mistaken the Super Slim for a Fat.

Well, now I have a CECH-4004a. Well, bought it for the 2 controllers anyway...

What's annoying is that the HDD Tray doesn't come with the console, you have to order one seperately...

PPS: Do you have Mugen Souls Z??
Does it always run _THAT_ bad??

And Drakengard seems to have Problems with analogue SCART Connection ;)
BUT the PS2 SCART RGB Cable seem to work well .

But what's really annoying about the PS3 is its roundness :-/

That makes stacking impossible....

And of course that I can't put the 500GB SSD that's in the Slim in the Super Slim for whatever reason...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yeah and even if you don't its not much more...

I have a 500GB SSD in my Slim PS3 and still 300GB or so left although I have some pretty huge games installed (Ni no Kuni - thats around 25GB and Drakengard 3 with Japanese Voices, around the same size).

With the 120GB Drive I could fit like 2 or three games - granted that Ni no Kuni and Drakengard 3 alone take up half the space of the drive.

The funny thing is that out of those 11 I already have three -> Ni no Kuni, Drakengard 3 and Tales of Xillia. Infamous and Ratchet and Clank are on my list and I'm thinking about catherine right now (as it is on sale for 5 bucks or so)...

Is GoW Ascetion worth it??

PS: I wanted a FAT PS3 also but the previous owner had no idea about the  Consoles and mistaken the Super Slim for a Fat.

Well, now I have a CECH-4004a. Well, bought it for the 2 controllers anyway...

What's annoying is that the HDD Tray doesn't come with the console, you have to order one seperately...

PPS: Do you have Mugen Souls Z??
Does it always run _THAT_ bad??

And Drakengard seems to have Problems with analogue SCART Connection ;)
BUT the PS2 SCART RGB Cable seem to work well .

But what's really annoying about the PS3 is its roundness :-/

That makes stacking impossible....

And of course that I can't put the 500GB SSD that's in the Slim in the Super Slim for whatever reason...

Yeah I have Drakengard 3 with the Japanese voices and the Sisters' Prologues so that one is taking up huge space on my drive. Catherine is great, such a cool storyline and the art is very much like Persona 5's. It's a bargain at $5, though it's also getting a remake on PS4 with a third girl that's supposed to release in Japan late this year and the west later. I haven't played God of War Ascension yet. I have only played the first two games even though I own the entire series outside of the new one. It was on sale for $2.99 and I figured I'd probably want to play it at some time since I love the first two God of Wars. God I need to play God of War III so I can finally buy the new one. xD

I prob should go with a 1TB drive now that I think of it, since I just bought Yakuza 4 & 5 digitally and those are both large games by PS3 standards. Hell, bigger than a lot of my PS4 games.

• 3 years later...
On 3/17/2018 at 5:06 PM, KieuVanQuan said:

Where the fuff can I buy a *NEW* - not 2nd hand PlayStation3 Console? I checked Sony PS official website and clicked on BUY ps3 and it gave me 6 links but all of them said wrong url or sold out.

Seriously, WHERE? Please...

I live in Hungary.

Hallo, 

I have 4 brand new ps3 2014A 120gb models!

Factory sealed. 

All from my collection. 

Im from Slovenija.

IMG_20210708_152950.jpg

IMG_20210708_153027.jpg

--RGH/JTAG/Reballing/Downgrade PS3/Nitendo--

I have seen a number for sale as collector's items. They're unreasonably expensive. If you want a well sorted PS3 that will last, just get one, repaste it, throw a cheap 500GB-1TB SSD in it and call it a day. Even systems that are still sealed and new (let's say a launch model) have 15 year old paste in them. You'd do well to crack it open regardless.