What’s point in wifi channel like 6 and 11

WolfLoverPro

What’s the point like why are some faster at times why not just have 1 channel what do they do

If two or more Wi-fi networks in the same area are talking on the same channel, it's harder for the computers on the network to communicate. It's like a radio, if everyone talks on the same channel, it's hard to hear the person you really want to hear and it's hard for them to hear you.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If two or more Wi-fi networks in the same area are talking on the same channel, it's harder for the computers on the network to communicate. It's like a radio, if everyone talks on the same channel, it's hard to hear the person you really want to hear and it's hard for them to hear you.

But what is the channel talking to I thought internet is wired ? 

But like so so what if ur in a busy are like city middle load sof people gonna have same WiFi channel cuz most select 6 11 or 1

7 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

But like so so what if ur in a busy are like city middle load sof people gonna have same WiFi channel cuz most select 6 11 or 1

xchoose-best-wifi-channel-with-wifi-anal

People use 1, 6, and 11 (if they're not dicks) because then it minimizes overlapping and thus interference.

For example, you could be on channel 1, then the people beside you on channel 6, then the ones beside them on channel 11, and the ones beside them go back to 1 since it's far enough away from you.  In practice neighbourhoods don't actually coordinate like this, so you should just scan your area and choose the channel with the weakest signals already on it.

Sometimes people pick one in between though and screw over everyone lol

yG6Si.png

See the pink on channel 9?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

The channel talking is the basis of how WiFi operates. 
1000px-2.4_GHz_Wi-Fi_channels_802.11bg_WLAN.svg_.png 

Channels 1, 6, and 11 are the channels that don't interfere with each other. You can use the other channels, in fact, it's very unlikely anyone else are using those channels. However, they tend to "talk over" each other because of the overlap.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

The channel is not for the internet, it's for the Wi-Fi network.

5 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Then you change it. Those channels are the default ones that most routers pick and few people bother to change anything more than what the Wi-Fi password is.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

xchoose-best-wifi-channel-with-wifi-anal

People use 1, 6, and 11 (if they're not dicks) because then it minimizes overlapping and thus interference.

yG6Si.png

See the pink on channel 9?

HANG ON THEN ... screw over everyone ? As in everyone on the the WiFi or people’s WiFi in area ? 

Because if it stops other people’s wifi working I might as our WiFi is SHIT so it will speed it up?

if I select like 3 or something lol

Just now, WolfLoverPro said:

HANG ON THEN ... screw over everyone ? As in everyone on the the WiFi or people’s WiFi in area ? 

Because if it stops other people’s wifi working I might as our WiFi is SHIT so it will speed it up?

If you pick a channel between 1, 6, or 11, you make it harder for everyone else to avoid overlapping with you

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

No don't do this deliberately just because you have terrible WiFi. It won't speed you up, you'll cause both parties not to have stable WiFi. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

15 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oops.

X1ZWmsnb.png

Just now, ModuleLFS said:

oops.

Yeah and then there's extra wide ones which just muddies the waters...

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah and then there's extra wide ones which just muddies the waters...

I pretty much ran as far away as I could from them, nothing else I can do :(