Chinese Laptop Found in Trash

Hey guys, its Austin

just kidding. My cousin found a laptop in the trash, its boots just fine, there was nothing saved on it, I installed a new copy of windows 7 on it.

Upon booting the laptop for the first time I noticed that the WiFi light was on but windows wouldn't detect any drivers.

The laptop doesnt have any drivers for lan or wifi.

The model number of the laptop is samsung np-qx410 

If anyone knows what ethernet or wifi driver I need to get this working, could you please reply with a link to the download. 

Thanks,

Brian 

The serial number and whatnot on the bottom of its all in either chinese or korean, (im coming off as really racist my bad) 

IMG_20180314_211113.jpg

Definitely look like chinese to me but I think that's irrelevant.  My first tip would be to try Windows 10, it might find drivers Windows 7 does not.  Barring that, just go the the manufacturers site and pull them down... or at least that's usually what I would recommend but I tried that and samsung's site is completely incapable of finding anything for this model so that's not a good sign.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, brianp1999 said:

The serial number and whatnot on the bottom of its all in either chinese or korean, (im coming off as really racist my bad) 

My Laptop is an Elitebook 8470P. It's serial number is CNU317xxxx (Chinese serial number), and would have been purchased in the US (I have no way of confirming this, but I bought it used from a person in the US). I believe my brothers 8470W has a Malaysian serial number, and it has a has an arbic layout keyboard and would have been purchased in Saudi Arabia.

Every HP Laptop (That isn't a workstation) that I have dealt with has had Chinese serial numbers

Every HP Workstation I have dealt with has had Malaysian serial numbers

Most HP Business Desktop I have dealt with have had Australian serial numbers

Serial numbers doesn't mean where they are sold, they are often just generic.

4 minutes ago, tylerhyperHD said:

Thanks man appreciate it. Im gonna try them all lol

14 minutes ago, HolaImBob said:

idk how you got that but this is what OP needs :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

idk how you got that but this is what OP needs :P

idk man, google is some next level shit. Wouldn't wanna try that

15 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

idk man, google is some next level shit. Wouldn't wanna try that

Really, I googled the model name which got me specs but with no link to support, then I tried searching the model on samsung's website under the support / downloads are and again, nothing -_-

Really, I googled the model name which got me specs but with no link to support, then I tried searching the model on samsung's website under the support / downloads are and again, nothing -_-

It really isn't that hard Ryan. I actually assumed you were being sarcastic.

Untitled.png.672226668585dc64e858f52a412732ca.png

46 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

It really isn't that hard Ryan. I actually assumed you were being sarcastic.

I actually get very different results with that search... hm

You'd use duckduckgo wouldn't you?

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Me too. If you put support after the name it shows the actual support page tho.