Assassin's Creed 4 now has PhysX for Nvidia users.

IDprofile

Posted on PCGamer by Phil Savage at

10:10 on 19 December 2013

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/19/assassins-creed-4-gets-physx-support-lots-of-billowing-smoke/

The 700 megabyte patch is out now, and adds optional Low or High PhysX flavours. Maybe its sexy smoke will keep you distracted until the release of AC4's delayed PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC.

Smoke-Near-The-Water.jpg

"Turbulence and particle effects combine to create a volumetric smoke which can be seen in pistol and musket fire, smoke bombs and chimney smoke," write Nvidia, in a description that I completely, 100% understand. "The smoke, lingers longer, has more volume, and interacts with the character and the elements, such and wind and rain. As the intensity of the weather varies, so does the interaction with the smoke."

http://youtu.be/m6a4MbYAPFU

PhysX is always a nice looking feature for games but I want to know when PhysX is finally going to be used for gameplay and not just visuals.

Well anyways look at dat smoke :wub:

Don't turn it on you will die

still doesnt make up for the horrible optimization....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

no thanks greens not my colour :P

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

The one problem I always have with physX is it always feels overdone in most usages like that smoke from the gunpowder.

idk i think someone can make a mod called more smoke to replace the physx implementation. i like this game but more smoke isnt a big deal for me

it look awsome during navel battles and smoke granades but flintlocks dont produce that much smoke in reality (somewhere in between physx on and phsyx off)

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Is it me or did anyone else  see no improvement on the sail / boat comparison?

lol are you talking about txaa on/off? if so, i looked really hard and found nothing

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

lol are you talking about txaa on/off? if so, i looked really hard and found nothing

Yup i don't see it L

Freedom Cry delayed well ubisoft themselves lied then I was on their facebook page and they said to somebody yes its coming out on PC tomorrow to...

It's times like this when I'm convinced Nvidia is actually trying to murder my computer

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

idk i think someone can make a mod called more smoke to replace the physx implementation. i like this game but more smoke isnt a big deal for me

The smoke has much more realistic physics which is the main point of PhysX.

the smoke tech looks good

the implementation looks terrible. it doesn't look like it's spewing out the barrel, rather it looks like it's just rising from the base of the gun

Who could have possibly thought that the amount of smoke from the guns was any good? Decrease it by about 60% then we'll talk.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Unrealistic, but pretty, yet the optimisation is still shitty...  lol that rhymed nicely

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

so thats why I can't see they ship I'm shooting at anymore...   I don't like it, where do I turn it off?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

keep in mind that firearms in this day and age used black powder - which was MUCH more unstable and wild. they should put out a lot of smoke

but as I said before, I just don't like how they form upwards rather than outwards from the muzzle/barrel

yea I really didnt notice any difference with TXAA on/off.

Also the smoke makes it really hard to fight as it lingers on for a while.

:ph34r:

The smoke has much more realistic physics which is the main point of PhysX.

Sometimes it's just better to sacrifice realism for gameplay. The smoke is just everywhere, looks ridiculous. There are so many other and more superior ways they could have implemented PhysX. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive