Fps shows its 300 but doesnt feel like it at all

m1k0z
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

You may have good FPS but funky frame times, check your frame times.

60FPS should be around 16.6ms

120FPS -> 8.3ms

300FPS -> 3.3ms

If your frame times sit around 30ms or higher, you will experience micro stuttering or V-Sync like slowness

1 minute ago, m1k0z said:

@WereCat So i tried to enable Fast sync didnt help at all and now im in game i have the problem again fps is over 200 but feels very slow and i also have msi afterburner's overlay on where i can check frametimes but they are under 10 ms all the time 

Then I dont know whats the issue. If you have 10ms frametimes consistently then it should be smooth as butter.

@WereCat Yeah has to be :( ive only had this pc for  3 weeks and 4 weeks ago i finally thought i could play without any issues but :/ idk.

Memory usage seems fine, so unless there's a leak that is building up over time it probably isn't that.
Only thing worth looking at is keeping an eye on the temperatures when you start to notice the dips.

Sorry mate not really sure what's going on.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@SpottyYeah this is a very strange issue never had issues like this before even on my old pc which wasnt good it only ran fortnite barely. Only thing that comes in mind is the Psu when i bought it before that i never even heard about that brand before. (Chieftec 650w)

@Spotty And also my temperatures are normal all the time. I changed my graphics cards thermal paste a week ago and when i built my pc 4 weeks ago i placed thermal paste on my cpu aswell so they are fine and the temperatures are too

Yeah my issue is still not fixed i paid about 900 bucks of that piece of crap pc and i have wrote about my issue on 5 different forums and nobody seems to know what is going on. So im selling my pc. Thanks to everybody who even tried to help me :).

On 3/18/2018 at 1:37 PM, m1k0z said:

Yeah my issue is still not fixed i paid about 900 bucks of that piece of crap pc and i have wrote about my issue on 5 different forums and nobody seems to know what is going on. So im selling my pc. Thanks to everybody who even tried to help me :).

Maybe it was something to do with the monitor?