If I install a new HDD and OS on it, can another OS share it?

terrytek

title says all. I plan to install a new hard drive and install Ubuntu and Windows 8 on it. Can my current OS, Windows Vista Ultimate x86, share that hard drive to access files?

-terrytek

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I use windows 7 and Ubuntu, and i can't access windows files because Ubuntu is on a partition. So i think in your case, no they can't share files unless there is a 2nd drive to put all the files on that each OS can get to.

I use windows 7 and Ubuntu, and i can't access windows files because Ubuntu is on a partition. So i think in your case, no they can't share files unless there is a 2nd drive to put all the files on that each OS can get to.

OK, forget about Linux. Can 7 and Vista share the same HDD?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OK, forget about Linux. Can 7 and Vista share the same HDD?

Only in a partition, they can't share the same files. If you were to run Vista, you can't get to files saved on the Windows 7 partition