Suggestions for a drawing tablet? Thanks!

Legolessed

So ive gotten into animation lately and have been using an ipad to animate but im looking to use my laptop in tandem with a drawing tablet. Ive seen a lot of tablets that connect via usb but i have no idea what to choose from. I have seen a lot of offerings for $30 but i can go to around $50 for something better. 

My laptop is running windows 10 btw. Thanks!

The standard in this field is Wacom.  They make all the best and are the most famous, and you pay for it.  I have Huion tablet and for what it cost (~1/7 that of the equivalent Wacom) I would say it's great.  Driver can be a little finicky at times but if you plug it in before launching your program, or just leave it in all the time there shouldn't be any issues.

The first thing you'll want to decide is how big of a space you want.  Some of the cheaper ones can be quite small and not practical for drawing imo.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The standard in this field is Wacom.  They make all the best and are the most famous, and you pay for it.  I have Huion tablet and for what it cost (~1/7 that of the equivalent Wacom) I would say it's great.  Driver can be a little finicky at times but if you plug it in before launching your program, or just leave it in all the time there shouldn't be any issues.

The first thing you'll want to decide is how big of a space you want.  Some of the cheaper ones can be quite small and not practical for drawing imo.

Also owner of a Huion W58, the included pen powered by AAA battery is garbage though, I bought the rechargable one from GearBest for $10 as I was constantly accidentaly pressing the buttons on the included one. It is much better now.

I never owned a Wacom so I cant compare.

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

5 hours ago, WereCat said:

Also owner of a Huion W58, the included pen powered by AAA battery is garbage though, I bought the rechargable one from GearBest for $10 as I was constantly accidentaly pressing the buttons on the included one. It is much better now.

I never owned a Wacom so I cant compare.

What about this one?

Huion Inspiroy H640P Graphics Drawing Tablet with Battery-free Stylus and 8192 Pressure Sensitivity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075T6MTJX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jWtOAb14MMZZR

its on the upper side of my budget but it has pretty good reviews. One of the biggest questions I have is do these tablets reject palms. Like will they pick up my palm if I rest it on there?

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

What about this one?

Huion Inspiroy H640P Graphics Drawing Tablet with Battery-free Stylus and 8192 Pressure Sensitivity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075T6MTJX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jWtOAb14MMZZR

its on the upper side of my budget but it has pretty good reviews. One of the biggest questions I have is do these tablets reject palms. Like will they pick up my palm if I rest it on there?

My W58 does reject palm.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

My W58 does reject palm.

Ok cool. My main thing was the cheaper huion h420 came with a drawing glove vs the more expensive one didn't. So is that like a feature on the more expensive tablets?

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

Ok cool. My main thing was the cheaper huion h420 came with a drawing glove vs the more expensive one didn't. So is that like a feature on the more expensive tablets?

not sure

5 hours ago, WereCat said:

not sure

Is the one I linked a good choice?

28 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Is the one I linked a good choice?

I think so. I only have experience with the W58 which I bought 2 years ago. I cant complain, for the price I paid, it is working really well.

Yours seems to be even better but I just noticed that the one you picked has a stylus that requires no batteries, so regarding palm rejection, it is very different from mine.

6 hours ago, Legolessed said:

What about this one?

If they're actually an active surface, which literally any and all drawing tablet should be, then yes, they will reject your palms, and literally everything else that isn't the pen.  They're not just a touchscreen :P it's more advanced than that, which is why the performance is so much better.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If they're actually an active surface, which literally any and all drawing tablet should be, then yes, they will reject your palms, and literally everything else that isn't the pen.  They're not just a touchscreen :P it's more advanced than that, which is why the performance is so much better.

4 hours ago, WereCat said:

I think so. I only have experience with the W58 which I bought 2 years ago. I cant complain, for the price I paid, it is working really well.

Yours seems to be even better but I just noticed that the one you picked has a stylus that requires no batteries, so regarding palm rejection, it is very different from mine.

Ah that makes a lot of sense xD

My main options right now are the tablet I linked and the huion 8 x 6 one that i found on Craigslist for pretty cheap. Idk what to go for :/ 

Sorry

• 3 weeks later...