Amazon is selling Sennheiser HD700s for $649

RainbowTylernol

So Amazon is having a sale on the Sennheiser HD700s, and a pretty amazing sale at that. The $1000 set of cans can now be bought for $650
I know $650 is still a ton to spend on headphones, but for me, it made what were once an unobtainable dream into an instant buy.

Here's the link if you happen to be interested. 
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-700-Headphone-Black/dp/B0070U8KSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387410184&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+700

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

lol go back to head-fi

Why get dynamics when you can get planers? 

lol go back to head-fi

No, they're terrible for the money (like most high-end sennhesiers). You can get much better headphones for the price.

I've seen them on eBay cheaper than that anyway.

No, they're terrible for the money (like most high-end sennhesiers). You can get much better headphones for the price.

I've seen them on eBay cheaper than that anyway.

The only other headphones I've listened to in a similar price range are the Grado RS1i, and the Hifiman HE-500. Neither of which that I liked more the HD700, and both are brutally uncomfortable  to wear either way. The HD700 was also the cheapest of the bunch at this price.

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

The only other headphones I've listened to in a similar price range are the Grado RS1i, and the Hifiman HE-500. Neither of which that I liked more the HD700, and both are brutally uncomfortable  to wear either way. The HD700 was also the cheapest of the bunch at this price.

k

Oh look, it's a pair of HD650s all gussied up to look like a pair of HD800s. Fancy.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Oh look, it's a pair of HD650s all gussied up to look like a pair of HD800s. Fancy.

What a deal, with such a glorious bass response. 

As long as the OP is happy with the purchase then enjoy  :)

Aren't HD650s just grey HD600s with a questionably worse sound signature?

You know, I always come back to this forum because of how great the community is, but after seeing how fast this harmless thread went to shit, it looks like the guys hanging around here are no better than head-fi or r/audiophile. 
All I did was point out a sale that I thought some people might be interested in. If you don't want these headphones, why are you posting in here?

I think I'm just going to stay away from the audio subforum from now on. It's beginning to seem impossible for any kind of online audio community to exist with out it being filled with a bunch of pretentious assholes.

imagine what the profit margin is on those things 0.0

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

I saw a pair of HD 800s on Amazon for $630 about a week before I ordered my 650s. I was about to order on impulse but they were sold in minutes. I probably wouldn't have even gotten a proper amp for months, but I was really disappointed when I saw $1,499 before I clicked add to cart.

Spoiler

Aren't HD650s just grey HD600s with a questionably worse sound signature?

They do sound very similar, but I have heard from several sources that the 650s sound smoother than the 600s. The 600s are usually more preferred for movies and games. I have 650s myself, but after the shipping, the price difference would have been very little, so I figured it would be worth the little bit of extra money.

Spoiler

For the price I was expecting something a little less ugly.

You know, I always come back to this forum because of how great the community is, but after seeing how fast this harmless thread went to shit, it looks like the guys hanging around here are no better than head-fi or r/audiophile. 

All I did was point out a sale that I thought some people might be interested in. If you don't want these headphones, why are you posting in here?

I think I'm just going to stay away from the audio subforum from now on. It's beginning to seem impossible for any kind of online audio community to exist with out it being filled with a bunch of pretentious assholes.

Why is there a war between head-fi people and audiophile?

Why is there a war between head-fi people and audiophile?

whats a head-fi person anyway?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

whats a head-fi person anyway?

http://www.head-fi.org/f/

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

For the price I was expecting something a little less ugly.

Better looking than some pairs that look like coffee mugs with a headband.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

That's the reason I don't think I can ever relate to audiophiles. Many of them I see make it sound more like a religion than a hobby. I've been liking how Logan over at teksyndicate says that he is a fan of good audio but not an audiophile, that I can relate to 100%.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399