Simple AIO solution for 1080ti? (Strix non-fe)

So originally I was planning on ordering an EK-MLB’s Phoenix setup for cpu+gpu but due to lead times I ended up getting a h100iV2 for the cpu and the gpu is on air

thr h100i is doing so well that now I think I’ll keep that and just look at the GPU as a single solution. Obviously I could just go with a Phoenix gpu block and radiator but are there any other solutions I shoukd

consider?

i don’t really fancy the alphacool kit

the nzxt bracket looks a bit shonky but no idea on function

with regards to requirements all I’m after is standard factory OC numbers and quiet operation. When I’m not using the PC I leave it mining and the fan running at 50ish percent is quite distracting background noise.

imo the NZXT brackes it really the best option then. it might look a little shonky, but it's actually a really solid solution that also keeps the rest of the card's components cool. ;)

What would you pair it to cooler wise? A 240 or 280 will fit easily in the case (define r6) and with regards to aesthetics you won’t see the thing anyway so only really care about practicality.

oh and if possible a Corsair solution so I don’t need multiple fan software products running!

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

rest of the card's components cool.

Actually I've heard from people who used it that the vrms roast as the don't have heatsinks, just airflow.

2 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

What would you pair it to cooler wise? A 240 or 280 will fit easily in the case (define r6) and with regards to aesthetics you won’t see the thing anyway so only really care about practicality.

oh and if possible a Corsair solution so I don’t need multiple fan software products running!

Any corsair cooler with the circular (not square) block will work.  I recommend getting an h150i for the cpu and using the h100i on the gpu.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Actually I've heard from people who used it that the vrms roast as the don't have heatsinks, just airflow.

True, but VRM is usually rated at 100+ degrees normal operating temp. So it shouldn't matter too much

why the h100i v1 / round cooler? what is it over the v2/square that means it doesnt fit?

also what do you do about fan plugs, io understand the GFX card has a smaller plug so does the NZXT kit come with an adapter?

Ordered an mlc phoenix gpu cooler and 360 rad. Paid in bitcoin which was all mined via the 1080ti in the last 3 months too :)

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2018 at 9:53 PM, Jay Deah said:

Ordered an mlc phoenix gpu cooler and 360 rad. Paid in bitcoin which was all mined via the 1080ti in the last 3 months too :)

How is the pump noise? I have an evga clc AIO and the pump is very quiet at 1900rpm. I also have a 1080ti strix but nzxt told me the g12 bracket is not compatible hence why I’m looking at your setup. Which components did you buy and what are your temps like?

Pump noise is quiet and I run it at 100%.

temp wise for just a single 1080ti it’s overkill. With the fans on max it barely goes over ambient.

since I put the 8700k in the same loop that causes the fans to run more (it’s a hot cpu and I’ve got fan speed linked to cpu and gpu temps) but it keeps the cpu in the 60s and Gpu in the 40s.

if You just want to cool a single 1080ti then stick with a smaller rad/core as the 360 is overkill 

component wise for gpu gpu only I just bought the radiator core module and gpu block (strix version!) I later added an Intel cpu block