Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Or... flip the cooler around and inside out so the fittings are in the inside and on the left so you have to run about 3ft less hose. It is still sexy, but I wouldn't drive it without the previously mentioned grille and stretched tires. I've hit small birds before and they sound pretty hard as it is.

I wonder what would happen if one of the hoses blew off at high speed..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Oil pressure wouldn't like that very much. My factory oil cooler is quite nice, but the crimp fittings like to start leaking until the mechanic points it out and charges you to fix it.

#justs10things

jk fords blow them out too.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Only a matter of time for the next trend, people cutting the hoses while the car is parked.

God that would suck to walk out to. 

But i wouldn't be surprised.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

19 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

LOL. I would imagine. Pretty much everything that can leak is leaking to some extent on my motor. Front and rear main seals seep, drain plug seeps, both valve cover gastkets leak, and the oil cooler used to leak. Intake also leaks, but i dont know what it leaks or were, but the oil level doesnt go down a noticeable amount between changes so screw it. When I have the intake repaired this summer they're also going to do valve cover gastkets.

I carry 5 quarts + a syrup bottle's worth of oil in my toolbox so I could make it to a shop but yeah, not a great thing to see after coming out of whereever you were at.

Most the time the intake leaks externally at the back of the engine. Commonly misdiagnosed as a headgasket. Sometimes they leak internally but pretty easy to spot... milky oil.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

This reminds me that i haven't checked the oil in my golf for quite a while. Maybe i should get on that.

Especially since it sits at 3k on the highway most of the time.

Whos still watching? 

If you are then you may have noticed that this thing is still running! The shape may look unfamiliar at first, but it is actually an Australian built-and-run Superformance Shelby Daytona Coupe. The fastest thing down the Conrad Straight at 306 km/h, it actually out-drags the factory-spec Audi R8 LMS in a straight line (its also faster than any of the MARC Cars Focus V8s. Outright pace is somewhere around a 997 GT3 Cup and it competes in the invitational class.

12710844_10153762439971815_7250395110912

173 laps in, Rick Kelly is driving the wheels off that #1 GTR as he leads AP and overall. Second is the #36 Erebus SLS followed by the first of the Bentleys.

12698494_10153762454291815_2649118503118

The most recent Yellow is caused by one of the Lambo Gallardo R-EXs diving on the inside of the 6th place McLaren as they went through Griffiths Bend. The 650S spun and beached itself as he tried to get off the racing line.

12698226_10153762448321815_3931353108382

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

But most of the time its not trying to burn milky oil?

I don't think so. 

Strategic call for Nissan Motorsports. Kelly pits for fuel and a front brake rotor change under Safety Car, he has now caught up to the back of the pack and is taking the time to bed in the new rotors.

12694941_10153762462016815_2336635674164

12697155_10153762458111815_5009210087786

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Whos still watching? 

If you are then you may have noticed that this thing is still running! The shape may look unfamiliar at first, but it is actually an Australian built-and-run Superformance Shelby Daytona Coupe. The fastest thing down the Conrad Straight at 306 km/h, it actually out-drags the factory-spec Audi R8 LMS in a straight line (its also faster than any of the MARC Cars Focus V8s. Outright pace is somewhere around a 997 GT3 Cup and it competes in the invitational class.

173 laps in, Rick Kelly is driving the wheels off that #1 GTR as he leads AP and overall. Second is the #36 Erebus SLS followed by the first of the Bentleys.

The most recent Yellow is caused by one of the Lambo Gallardo R-EXs diving on the inside of the 6th place McLaren as they went through Griffiths Bend. The 650S spun and beached itself as he tried to get off the racing line.

Wanted to watch it but since i spend my time alternating between the computer and throwing up..

Watching a race requires at least a bowl of chili nuts and a cold beer. (at least for me) 

Somethings not quite right in this picture.

12697428_10153762465246815_8930812289146

A piece of bodywork fell off on the Conrad Straight. Alvaro Parente in the McLaren a few cars back avoided it with lightning fast reflexes, at ~250 km/h and the top of sixth gear. WHILE vision was blocked by the other Bentley he was drafting just in front.

No need to question why McLaren is paying him so much to drive for the factory.

EDIT: THIS MAN IS THE MVP

12698509_10153762469481815_2019708132603

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Somethings not quite right in this picture.

A piece of bodywork fell off on the Conrad Straight. Alvaro Parente in the McLaren a few cars back avoided it with lightning fast reflexes, at ~250 km/h and the top of sixth gear. WHILE vision was blocked by the other Bentley he was drafting just in front.

No need to question why McLaren is paying him so much to drive for the factory.

Sounds like some properly exciting racing

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Honestly why not just leave the wheel exposed?

Because they got blackflagged lol, though oddly enough it was for a safety car restart infringement (inconsistent pace speed) and not for bodywork...

Folding@Home | BOINC

To give you an idea of how exciting this is, here is a photo of the TOP THREE cars at the moment.

12370629_10153762473076815_3770387165658

And the driver breakdown as they run:

P1 - Thomas Yaeger, Erebus Motorsport, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - FACTORY MERCEDES AMG DRIVER

P2 - Guy Smith, Bentley Team M-SPORT - Bentley Continental GT3 - FACTORY BENTLEY DRIVER

P3 - Alvaro Parente, Tekno Autosports - McLaren 650S GT3 - FACTORY MCLAREN DRIVER

P4 - Markus Winkelhock, Phoenix Racing, Audi R8 LMS - AUDI FACTORY DRIVER & ENDURANCE ACE

P5 - Rick Kelly, Nissan Motorsports, Nissan GT-R GT3 - OWNER & DRIVER FOR NISSAN'S V8 SUPERCARS TEAM

Also this just happened - one of the MARC Cars Focus V8 backed into the wall at the top of the mountain as one of the other MARC cars filters through.

12697123_10153762475716815_2317377311355

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

To give you an idea of how exciting this is, here is a photo of the TOP THREE cars at the moment.

And the driver breakdown as they run:

P1 - Thomas Yaeger, Erebus Motorsport, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - FACTORY MERCEDES AMG DRIVER

P2 - Guy Smith, Bentley Team M-SPORT - Bentley Continental GT3 - FACTORY BENTLEY DRIVER

P3 - Alvaro Parente, Tekno Autosports - McLaren 650S GT3 - FACTORY MCLAREN DRIVER

P4 - Markus Winkelhock, Phoenix Racing, Audi R8 LMS - AUDI FACTORY DRIVER & ENDURANCE ACE

P5 - Rick Kelly, Nissan Motorsports, Nissan GT-R GT3 - OWNER & DRIVER FOR NISSAN'S V8 SUPERCARS TEAM

Also this just happened - one of the MARC Cars Focus V8 backed into the wall at the top of the mountain as one of the other MARC cars filters through.

Got a link?

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Got a link?

Live timing

http://bathurst12hour.com.au/live-timing

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

The merc let three people past? Damn it!

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

The merc let three people past? Damn it!

He dived into the pits at the worst time xD He's in P5 atm, behind the GTR

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, chaozbandit said:

He dived into the pits at the worst time xD

Aaw.. I am automatically cheering for them :/ 

i have a question for you guys. What cars are you looking forward to the announcement of in geneva. for me chiron or huayra bc or possibly the elusive lafarrari spyder (if its getting announced then)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

ITS A DRAAAAAAAAAAG.

Two twin-turbo V8s dueling it out at the hands of two Factory drivers, Parente vs Smith. The McLaren has better cornering and aero but the Bentley is a brute in a straight line and under brakes.

886858_10153762500461815_489338184122017

Oh hello there.

12697167_10153762502741815_8368442248330

Kelly is now in P3, having overtaken Winkelhock's R8.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

ITS A DRAAAAAAAAAAG.

Two twin-turbo V8s dueling it out at the hands of two Factory drivers, Parente vs Smith. The McLaren has better cornering and aero but the Bentley is a brute in a straight line and under brakes.

And the mercs front end was sweeping wide in the corner. Barely enough to consider it understeer but noticeable.

'scuse me Chap, coming through.

12622570_10153762505211815_9063370065231

Folding@Home | BOINC

That bentley is a fuckin monster :o

Just now, techswede said:

That bentley is a fuckin monster :o

You should have seen it at last years race. Because both it and the GTR are turbo motors, they absolutely ran away from everyone else on the straights :P

Speaking of GTR, KELLY CAUGHT AIR IN THE #1.

12698372_10153762508331815_3031113035154

Folding@Home | BOINC

dd2646280789b276751372b85270cc11.gif

Merc in the lead!