So I bought the cheap Korean 1440p 144hz monitor in Linus video about a month ago and it just arrived smashed and broken and I’ve no way of refunding it can anyone please help I spent my entire life savings on this monitor and I’m only less than 16. I bought it on eBay and I don’t know if it came with a warranty but if so it will still be about £200 to send it and get a new one sent to me 

Normally you can RMA it, as you should have warranty. At first I would try to talk to the support of the shop you bought it 

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

1. Where did you buy it?

2. Why the fuck did you spend your entire life savings on a monitor?

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

5 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

1. Where did you buy it?

2. Why the fuck did you spend your entire life savings on a monitor?

It was such a good deal and I was looking for a monitor and I checked eBay and doesn’t say anything about a warranty and even if it did I don’t have 200 to get the new monitor

Well if you bought it with PayPal you might be able to do sth over it, also get in touch with eBay, but they most of the time redirect you to PayPal

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

Just now, thelordofwarr said:

Well if you bought it with PayPal you might be able to do sth over it, also get in touch with eBay, but they most of the time redirect you to PayPal

I bought it over a month ago I can’t get a refund and I already spent 100 importing it 

Well, I still would get in touch with eBay 

My Build Log: 

eBay should honor the warranty/defectiveness from the date you received it, not the date you ordered it.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 minute ago, thelordofwarr said:

Well, I still would get in touch with eBay 

I can no longer see where I bought it 

Just now, thegreengamers said:

eBay should honor the warranty/defectiveness from the date you received it, not the date you ordered it.

Search it, you might recognize the seller

My Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

Search it, you might recognize the seller

I found the item and the selling but I don’t know what to do from there

29 minutes ago, HaamYz said:

So I bought the cheap Korean 1440p 144hz monitor in Linus video about a month ago and it just arrived smashed and broken and I’ve no way of refunding it can anyone please help I spent my entire life savings on this monitor and I’m only 15          I bought it on eBay and I don’t know if it came with a warranty but if so it will still be about £200 to send it and get a new one sent to me 

Take pictures of it and Return it!

18 minutes ago, HaamYz said:

It was such a good deal and I was looking for a monitor and I checked eBay and doesn’t say anything about a warranty and even if it did I don’t have 200 to get the new monitor

Return it but take pictures

14 minutes ago, HaamYz said:

I bought it over a month ago I can’t get a refund and I already spent 100 importing it 

shoulda returned it sooner with pictures showing ebay and paypal

8 minutes ago, HaamYz said:

I can no longer see where I bought it 

shit outta luck

Contact eBay and hear what they say to your problem and what they can do, also have a email with pictures of the packaging and the broken product on hand so you can send it to them per email

My Build Log: 

32 minutes ago, HaamYz said:

I spent my entire life savings on this monitor and I’m only 15

Ask your parents for help or friends and family

17 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Ask your parents for help or friends and family

? there’s nothing I can’t do that they can 

2 minutes ago, HaamYz said:

? there’s nothing I can’t do that they can 

they got cold hard cash

you dont have cold hard cash

Sadly my family are very poor i saved for 2 years for the monitor that’s why I bought it it was such a good deal compared to every other one I saw 

16 hours ago, thelordofwarr said:

Contact eBay and hear what they say to your problem and what they can do, also have a email with pictures of the packaging and the broken product on hand so you can send it to them per email

Will do thanks for the help

Just a note on purchasing through ebay, paypal, etc.

Even if you are happy that everything is above board ALWAYS lodge a claim within the specified time if the item has not arrived yet. So if you have say 30 days to lodge a claim and the item is due to arrive in 31 days then lodge a claim on day 30.

This way you keep your protection.

Back on topic.

Along the lines of what others have said read through the resolution processes of ebay and paypal. 

I expect you haven't been scammed, just that the item got broken in transit. So I would expect to either claim for damage or item not as described.

I reiterate read through the resolution processes of ebay and paypal. Make sure you understand the full process before you proceed because sometimes you can void your protection if you follow the wrong path.

I know how horrible it is to be in that situation. I really hope this isn't a lesson you have to learn the hard way but sometimes that's life.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.