World Of Warcraft Questions.

joelthezombie15

I have a few questions about WOW, ive never played and i want to try it out. So, First, Do I have to buy all the expansions or just the base game and buy the expansions as i go?

thats it pretty much.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I think you can just play the vanilla game stand alone.

Quote me to get a reply!

I'm pretty sure you don't need any of the expansions.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I think you can just play the vanilla game stand alone.

OK sweet. and do they still have that thing where you can play for free until level 30?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I have a few questions about WOW, ive never played and i want to try it out. So, First, Do I have to buy all the expansions or just the base game and buy the expansions as i go?

thats it pretty much.

do you have a headset? i'm down to try WOW too.. winter break is basically here for me

do you have a headset? i'm down to try WOW too.. winter break is basically here for me

Ya i have a headset but i think im going to try it a little later, this month is too busy for me :P

Ya i have a headset but i think im going to try it a little later, this month is too busy for me :P

oh darn well add me on steam and just msg a little before you're about to start. I might join you 

steam : xxposeidonxxx

If you want to TRY it, all you need is an account and you play for free until level 20 or 30 or whatever it is they have it at these days. But if you want higher-level and endgame content, you'll need a subscription and the expacs. I believe you will need all of them eventually, but I'm not sure. Check worldofwarcraft.com for all the details. (I sound like a salesman...)

Fair warning though, that game is on its way out, and has been for a while now. Blizzard's been doing everything they can to keep WoW floating, and the desperation is really starting to show. I lost interest a couple years ago, and despite the new expac looking mildly interesting from a Lore standpoint, I still have yet to see anything that really makes me want to get back into it again. 

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

If you want to TRY it, all you need is an account and you play for free until level 20 or 30 or whatever it is they have it at these days. But if you want higher-level and endgame content, you'll need a subscription and the expacs. I believe you will need all of them eventually, but I'm not sure. Check worldofwarcraft.com for all the details. (I sound like a salesman...)

Fair warning though, that game is on its way out, and has been for a while now. Blizzard's been doing everything they can to keep WoW floating, and the desperation is really starting to show. I lost interest a couple years ago, and despite the new expac looking mildly interesting from a Lore standpoint, I still have yet to see anything that really makes me want to get back into it again. 

I just figured i would try it while there was still a community. 

I just figured i would try it while there was still a community. 

Probably should have tried it a while ago then. What's left of the "community" is nothing but a bunch of whiners and elitists. 

Sorry, I probably shouldn't be hating on WoW this much, but honestly looking back I don't understand what compelled me to spend so much time and money on it. 

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

Probably should have tried it a while ago then. What's left of the "community" is nothing but a bunch of whiners and elitists. 

Sorry, I probably shouldn't be hating on WoW this much, but honestly looking back I don't understand what compelled me to spend so much time and money on it. 

Well i didnt have a PC until recently. 

Well you can make a trial account that allows you to get to level 20, and they've recently included Cataclysm in the battle chest so you can get the first three expansions for $20.

But they're on special at the moment -

$5 vanilla/TBC/WotLK/Cata and a free 30 days game time - https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft

And MoP is down to $10 - https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria

I played wow for 9 years and i am going to restart after new expansion. With trial account you play free until lvl 20 but you can't add friends in game i think and no guild join also but this may already changed.

Still realize its just a game not a life i have seen alot people going bad on games and end up alone

I played wow for 9 years and i am going to restart after new expansion. With trial account you play free until lvl 20 but you can't add friends in game i think and no guild join also but this may already changed.

Still realize its just a game not a life i have seen alot people going bad on games and end up alone

I am aware. odds are i wont like it very much but i would like to know the story atleast. if there was a book form of the lore/story i would get that instead, the gameplay doesnt interest me in the slightest. 

You only have to buy the base game and then mists of pandaria now, the previous expansions are included in the first purchase.

While the population is decreasing, it is doing so at a fairly slow pace, it's going to be large game for quite awhile still. 

I am aware. odds are i wont like it very much but i would like to know the story atleast. if there was a book form of the lore/story i would get that instead, the gameplay doesnt interest me in the slightest. 

if you have some time in 2015 the movie will come out

To lazy to read the thread so I might repeat some information.

The trial last til level 20 and it's forever. You can get a pretty good feel for the game from there.

Buying "vanilla/Battlechest" gets you all the way up to catacylsm and a free month of gametime. And its like 75 percent off I think at the moment for the rest of the month.

MoP is also on sale.

So I'd just pick them up while they're cheap!

Have fun :D

if you have some time in 2015 the movie will come out

The movie will leave a lot out. So ya, like i said, a book would be best :/

There really isn't a book that will explain all the lore that exists in Warcraft. There are a lot of stories that are exclusive to the books and stories exclusive to the game. You can read up on WoWpedia on just about everything but there really isn't an option for getting overarching stories.

hey guys if you are getting into wow add me i'll help yall out since i play it add Deathcron#1718

PM:Me Your Email once you make a character so I can add you to Real ID 

EDIT:OH YEAH if you buy the physical game use the discs to download the game if you have slow internet :) downloads 10x faster 

New Build:i7 4770k @4.4ghz, Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 GD-65 Gaming, Corsair HX750w, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm, Corsair Vengeance 12gb DDR3 1866mhz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SSC

Old build/Little Bros New PC:Intel i5 3570K @4.2ghz, Stock Intel Cooler, Gigabyte z77m-d3h, Capstone 550w, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 5400rpm, Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 660 SC R.I.P Tyson 12/22/03- 04/17/13

this late in the game and due to how popular the game was/is someone in your circle of friends and family is bound to have played the game and quit. I once gave my coworker $50 for his wow account and that would give you all the expansions that person bought plus their levelled up toons. 

it does require you to be in their battlenet account so its only for those people who don't play any other blizzard games and it is against the EULA and I would only do it with someone who I really knew

this late in the game and due to how popular the game was/is someone in your circle of friends and family is bound to have played the game and quit. I once gave my coworker $50 for his wow account and that would give you all the expansions that person bought plus their levelled up toons. 

it does require you to be in their battlenet account so its only for those people who don't play any other blizzard games and it is against the EULA and I would only do it with someone who I really knew

You can buy all of the expansions for $15 at the moment. And part of the experience for a new player is leveling their character from 1 to 90 (whatever the max is when you reach it).