lead in g-fuel!? :o

ridfer

hey, a friend of me linked me this because i bought 2 cans of g-fuel once. i bought them mainly cuz of the positive words linus said about it during one wan show.

http://www.vpesports.com/breaking-news/gamma-labs-makers-g-fuel-face-lawsuit-lead-energy-supplements/

now i wonder since ltt office seems to be addicted to it what their response is?

would love to see a reaction on wan show maybe?

It isn't clear from the news article, but this may be a prop 65 California only thing.

It has a limit of 0.5 mcg / day of lead, below what's natural found in a lot of vegetables and fruits I believe. Look here.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7973402

In the vegetables from the areas not exposed to industrial pollution lead content was below the detectability range (< d.r.) to 576.1 micrograms/kg, and cadmium was from < d.r. to 73.5 micrograms/kg.

So yea IDK what to think of this. Maybe it's time to switch our gamers to unleaded fuel, or it might be a lawsuit based on what could be ridiculous California laws which will scar their brand image for no reason.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

7 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It isn't clear from the news article, but this may be a prop 65 California only thing.

It has a limit of 0.5 mcg / day of lead, below what's natural found in a lot of vegetables and fruits I believe. Look here.

So yea IDK what to think of this. Maybe it's time to switch our gamers to unleaded fuel, or it might be a lawsuit based on what could be ridiculous California laws which will scar their brand image for no reason.

Lmao... The unleaded legacy goes into G-Fuel... Jeez that would be amazingly hilarious. 

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

So... diesel or unleaded?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

26 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

ah, okey. i didnt read to much into it. just thought it'd be interesting to share it here.

24 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Wow this article miss the most importent part: how much lead and which kind of lead is inside.

Do you know that mayonnaise contains cyanide?

and bread contains chlorine lmao

Its not too different from many other energy drinks, however the problem is its being marketed towards younger people, not over 18 as stated on the website (Which I do recommend you wait until you are over 18 to try this) 

38 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

The problem most people don't get the different between chlorine and chlorine if you would ask them if the think chlorine is dangoures in bread.

Yeah, it can kill tons of people or keep your pool from becoming a swamp. You also drink it every day, cause it's in your tap water.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

The dosage is what kills you...

just rushing through this... 

Always keep in mind that in everything you drink/eat there are elements in that, that are in higher doses poison and could kill you. Everything in higher dose can kill you, even water, and I don't speak about drowning :P

Another problem regarding the usual governmental set "highest amount" per consumable item is, that you often combine stuff and really go well over the set mark, or mix stuff that then even gives more health problems.

As a warning with energy drinks over all... if consumed to much, it kills your liver. I personally stick to coffee, cappuccino and tea... Nothing of that sweet gunk in my home.

Bad enough when you stand at a bus stop in a high traffic area in a big city like where I live, smoke inhaled through a cigarette with filter is cleaner than taking a deep breath with all the cars running... 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

10 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

Do you know that mayonnaise contains cyanide?

so do apples (the seeds anyways)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

10 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

it is,   but nowhere in the lawsuit does it mention the actual lead content, just that its too high for california.

people should understand that this entire lawsuit is fucking stupid.

california only allows 0.5µg/day of lead, whereas the fda says that up to 6µg/day is fine.  its a ridiculous california law because california is scared that everything on this earth causes cancer.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

15 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

it is,   but nowhere in the lawsuit does it mention the actual lead content, just that its too high for california.

people should understand that this entire lawsuit is fucking stupid.

california only allows 0.5µg/day of lead, whereas the fda says that up to 6µg/day is fine.  its a ridiculous california law because california is scared that everything on this earth causes cancer.

prop 65 is an example of cali's stupid fucking direct voter initiatives. Politicians suck, but voters ares stupid.

Look at this map and tell me you don't see a pattern

image.png.f3c9c3a69ce53192f801bf33f80c8cef.png

It's especially bad in cali, but it's a problem elsewhere too.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You should be more concerned with the insane amount of vitamin B G-fuel contains.  It can have pretty bad side effects on your organs in that quantity.  I always argue for people to get their caffeine from more natural sources like coffee or tea.  These energy drinks don't give you anything but a buzz.  Eat better food, drink ample amounts of water get more exercise, be moderate with your caffeine intake. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2018 at 7:31 AM, ShredBird said:

You should be more concerned with the insane amount of vitamin B G-fuel contains.  It can have pretty bad side effects on your organs in that quantity.  I always argue for people to get their caffeine from more natural sources like coffee or tea.  These energy drinks don't give you anything but a buzz.  Eat better food, drink ample amounts of water get more exercise, be moderate with your caffeine intake. 

Studies to measure the actual absorption of B12 involve wholebody counting of radiolabeled B12, counting of radiolabeled B12 in the stool, or both. No data are available on whether B12 absorption varies with B12 status, but fractional absorption decreases as the oral dose is increased (Chanarin, 1979). Total absorption increases with increasing intake. Adams and colleagues (1971) measured fractional absorption of radiolabeled cyanocobalamin and reported that nearly 50 percent was retained at a 1-µg dose, 20 percent at a 5-µg dose, and just over 5 percent at a 25-µg dose. The second of two doses of B12 given 4 to 6 hours apart is absorbed as well as the first (Heyssel et al., 1966). When large doses of crystalline B12 are ingested, up to approximately 1 percent of the dose may be absorbed by mass action even in the absence of intrinsic factor (Berlin et al., 1968; Doscherholmen and Hagen, 1957).

From Dietary Reference Intakes for Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and Choline (1998)Chapter: 9 Vitamin B12

Side note; GFuel has 10-µg per serving which is well below any dangerous limit (upwards of 2,000 μg)

- Thread locked. Though some users here may be health professionals, we cannot trust their recommendations/information just based off of what they post. General posts like this can also attract health advice from other users, which we don't really recommend.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats