Will this work?

seba7661

first off sry if this is in the wrong thread. dont know where to put it

so my case is the h500p(not as bad as people say) and i got a 360 rad on top and a 280 in front. im going to get 3x 140 fans in front instead of the stupid 2x 200 fans. but because i have the rad the one fan will be longer back then the other fans(looks really stupid) so i thought i could simply use a old 140 fan and cut out the fan and use the frame like a extension for the fan to get longer out. so its the same level as the other 2 fans

its probably going to work. but im worried that its going to shake and make noises or something. dont really wanna destroy a fan if its not going to work

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

I'm trying to make sense of what you wrote here.

Are you saying you're going to do a PushPull config on your 280mm radiator?

And that you're thinking about modding an old 140mm fan you have so that it better matches the three other 140mm fans you'll be getting?

---

2 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

-

I understood that he wants to do pull configuration on the 280 mm radiator as a front intake, but since there is space to have another 140 mm fan, he would like to have it as an unobstructed intake, however that would mean that the 140 mm fan would be in the plane of the radiator as opposed to being in plane with the other 140 mm fan. So he wanted to use a frame of an old 140mm fan to offset the position so that they will line-up.

@seba7661

This will only work if your radiator is 25 mm thick, and also if you dont have the radiator ports in the way.

On 23/2/2018 at 5:09 PM, For Science! said:

I understood that he wants to do pull configuration on the 280 mm radiator as a front intake, but since there is space to have another 140 mm fan, he would like to have it as an unobstructed intake, however that would mean that the 140 mm fan would be in the plane of the radiator as opposed to being in plane with the other 140 mm fan. So he wanted to use a frame of an old 140mm fan to offset the position so that they will line-up.

@seba7661

This will only work if your radiator is 25 mm thick, and also if you dont have the radiator ports in the way.

thats what i ment. and im the ports are in the buttom. its 28 mm rad though.

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P