Damaged cpu during delid

so I used the aquatuning dr delid tool and on top of the cpu, not the metal rectangle, but the free surrounding, where the silicon is it pulled some of the green off and something so visable and metal underneath , I don't no if it's damaged the chip or just cosmetic, 

sorry I have no pic as I wanted to get it straight back in to test that it wasn't dead

pc is running fine at 5ghz and temps were 20 degrees lower 

should I be worried and the "damage"??

Chip passed Aida 64 for 4 hours and a fair bit of gaming with no issues and seems fine 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Well you dont have any warranty now anyways so if it works you dont have to do anything, if it didnt work the only real option would have been to buy a new one.

1 minute ago, Almostbauws said:

Well you dont have any warranty now anyways so if it works you dont have to do anything, if it didnt work the only real option would have been to buy a new one.

It works so does that mean it's fine ? 

If it was dead I would have sealed it back up and tried my luck with rma

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

I wanna know if because it's working does that mean there was no damage

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

6 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

I know it stinks, but that is kinda dishonest man :/

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I know it stinks, but that is kinda dishonest man :/

I agree,

People like OP drives prices up because they return/RMA stuff that THEY broke.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

You need to take a picture because your description makes 0 sense.

If it works then just leave it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 hours ago, Revamp said:

I agree,

People like OP drives prices up because they return/RMA stuff that THEY broke.

I also bought ryzen so by that logic I'm also the reason people have coffe lake, 

your welcome

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

10 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

I also bought ryzen so by that logic I'm also the reason people have coffe lake, 

your welcome

Yeah that makes 0 sense.

My logic is actually quite accurate. Companies slowly raise prices, or postpone price reductions to cover overhead costs and returns. For instance if a 200$ CPU nets them 100$ profit and they have a 50% return ratio, they are losing money. For sake of example say they spend $200 to manufacture 2 chips, but only actually sell one because the other gets RMA'd because someone like you knowingly broke it. This means they spent $200, and sold 1 chip for 200$ which makes them even HOWEVER now they have to spend another $100 out of pocket to replace the one RMA'd chip. so they sold 2 chips, but actually lost $100 even with a 100% markup.

So now due to this, the $200 chip is now being sold for $300 just to break even.

These prices aren't accurate but just easy numbers for sake of example.

RMA's will happen, it's part of the deal with mass production, however people like you do infact drive prices up or slow down the process of price reductions. Say a company accounts for a 1% defect rate, they aren't accounting for the extra 3% of dishonest people who knowingly broke their own stuff and tried to return it because they are cheap scum.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

17 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Yeah, don't worry, Intel and AMD aren't stupid. You'd have gotten nothing but a big ol' pile of go screw yourself.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

54 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Yeah, don't worry, Intel and AMD aren't stupid. You'd have gotten nothing but a big ol' pile of go screw yourself.

Exactly, zero point in arguing about this.

Honestly, I tried a practice delid on an old processor the other day and I don't think I'd ever attempt this until we get some better methods. It's really hit or miss by the looks of it. Even if you know what you're doing, you could just get unlucky.  Is there any way to delid using heat to loosen the glue? I don't imagine so since whatever is used for the seal has to be able to handle the high temps of the CPU.

Though, it may have just been whatever was used on this old processor not allowing it to work. It was from an old dell and actually had a hole in it where you could just squeeze in more thermal paste if you wanted. Super old and crappy :P

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Well to be fair I delidded a cpu which died a few years later and still got rma 

i think they just plug it in and if it's a no post they refund it 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper