"Tech leaders reportedly challenge Obama over NSA at White House meeting"

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/17/5220532/at-white-house-meeting-tech-leaders-reportedly-challenge-obama-over-nsa

A White House meeting meant to get technology executives' recommendations on Healthcare.gov was pushed towards a debate over surveillance, The Guardian reports. Sources from the meeting, which included Apple's Tim Cook, Yahoo's Marissa Mayer, and Google's Eric Schmidt among others, say that the White House declared it would focus on the insurance site. "That is not going to happen," one executive reportedly responded. "We are there to talk about the NSA." This declaration is in line with previous attempts to force the Obama administration's hand on intelligence community reform: Yahoo, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, and more have filed lawsuits or supporting briefs against NSA surveillance, and last week, a tech company coalition released an open letter to the White House calling for change.

So they were gathered there to talk about Healthcare.gov, and that was suppose to be the main topic, but they were all like "Nope, we're talking about the NSA." I gotta say, kudos to all of you tech companies doing this. I know that these companies take our information, but at least they're bound by certain laws and all of the information is collected anonymously (ie you don't know whose information it is), whereas with the NSA they are not technically bound by laws and collect data well, not so anonymously (they can see whose information it is). I'm very glad to see that these companies are attempting to do something about the NSA, even standing in front of the man himself to do so.

COMIC SANS

Told you! Some faith in big business restored :D

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Told you! Some faith in big business restored :D

*some trust in some big businesses restored

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II