Gtx 670 to gtx 1050ti

TotaLNooB

Is it worth it upgrading to gtx 1050ti from gtx 670? Im am trying to play kingdom come deliverance but my current rig is running everything on low even the resolution is less than 1080p. It freezes and there are graphical annoyances. My average fps is around 50. Bottom line the game looks terrible on my rig. I chose the gtx 1050ti because of the price. I know about the current state of gpu prices that's why I did not choose rx580 or other capable graphics card. Any opinions or recommendations will be taken in consideration. Thank you. 

The 1050ti would be faster, though I'm not sure if you want to spend close to 2x msrp for a new one. I found this useful for looking at the performance to see if it is worth it to you: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-670-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti

(edit: see GER_T4IGA's post down below)

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

Ok so let me think out loud:

GTX Titan Kepler ~ GTX 780 ~ GTX 1060

GTX780 > GTX 770 ~ GTX 680

GTX 680 > GTX 670

My answer: don't do it if the 4GB of VRAM are not the saviour as in if the 2GB are the culprit for all of your performance problem mhichi doubt but I have also not played kingdomcome deliverance. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

2 minutes ago, Computers_And_Tech_Is_Cool said:

The 1050ti would be faster, though I'm not sure if you want to spend close to 2x msrp for a new one. I found this useful for looking at the performance to see if it is worth it to you: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-670-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti

People will generally advise you not to consult GPUBOSS as they have previously spread misinformation and are consider unreliable or untrustworthy. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

People weirdo generally advise you not to consult GPUBOSS as they have previously spread misinformation and are consider unreliable or untrustworthy. 

Oh okay, sorry about that, didn't know! Thanks for the tip!

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

7 minutes ago, TotaLNooB said:

Is it worth it upgrading to gtx 1050ti from gtx 670? Im am trying to play kingdom come deliverance but my current rig is running everything on low even the resolution is less than 1080p. It freezes and there are graphical annoyances. My average fps is around 50. Bottom line the game looks terrible on my rig. I chose the gtx 1050ti because of the price. I know about the current state of gpu prices that's why I did not choose rx580 or other capable graphics card. Any opinions or recommendations will be taken in consideration. Thank you. 

They are quite similar performance wise in older games, while 1050Ti takes a slight advantage in newer games, maybe its architectural, drivers or something else.

Its not an upgrade per se, so the game will stil look like trash. Maybe with more fps but don't expect mayor changes.

Just now, faziten said:

They are quite similar performance wise in older games, while 1050Ti takes a slight advantage in newer games, maybe its architectural, drivers or something else.

Its not an upgrade per se, so the game will stil look like trash. Maybe with more fps but don't expect mayor changes.

It's because the new drivers have better DC12 and Vulkan support

Also OP don't pay 200 for something that's barely a upgrade

My life

8 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Ok so let me think out loud:

GTX Titan Kepler ~ GTX 780 ~ GTX 1060

GTX780 > GTX 770 ~ GTX 680

GTX 680 > GTX 670

My answer: don't do it if the 4GB of VRAM are not the saviour as in if the 2GB are the culprit for all of your performance problem mhichi doubt but I have also not played kingdomcome deliverance. 

780 is no where near 1060. 980 is closer to 1060 not 780. A 780Ti even can fall short behind RX 470 or 1050Ti

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2724-gtx-780-ti-benchmark-in-2016/page-2

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

Thank you guys for the fast replies. I will hold off for now on buying a video  card. Its no sense paying 2x or 3x the price right now. I delayed upgrading my rig for this long so I might as well suck it up for a few more months until the gpu prices kind of settled down. How long do you guys think until the prices go down a bit? 

GTX 670 falls between 1050 and 1050 Ti.  I have a relatively rare GTX 670 4gb and it keeps up with my 1050 Ti in most things.

I upgraded from a EVGA 660ti 2gb SC to a EVGA 1050ti 4gb SC, but only because it was second hand but only a month old(!), so a little cheaper.

I did it because I have a mini itx build in a nice mini case. So cooling is MUCH better, from 80 degrees max (c) to 70 degrees max, but is generally 40 degrees when not a game stressing the GPU (my case has no ventilation for the GPU :( ) Power use is also a lot less. Physical size of the card is also smaller, so I hope to move it all to a smaller case later.

So for me, it was worth it for the form factor, cooling and power use. As for performance, it was a little bit different.

Before, 660ti 2gb: Fire Strike (Extreme!) 2497, Sky Diver 14819

After 1050ti 4gb: Fire Strike (Extreme!) 3285, Sky Diver 16959

I've not really booted up XCOM2 or Fallout4 to test the new card, but being playing Rocket League and The Lone Dark... so again, I've not noticed much difference in performance, just smoother over all gameplay. [Edit] Firing up XCOM2 (I generally need the take the case side off for cooling! LOL) it is smoother. But again, that is game dependant!

I sold my old 660ti, so the 1050ti second hand cost me two thirds what it would buying new without anything to trade in. But as said, not really worth it for anyone else if a full size case/PSU. Wait for a 1060 or 1070 to come down in price (or something entirely different?).

PS, I just remembered I also went from 1600 (720p) to 1800 (1080p) monitor too, so I suppose the upgrade did me well. :)