Someone keeps asking for my stuff

The321

In my class multiple people work on a robot. I am not really involved but they keep asking for my electronic parts. How can I get rid of them without damaging our relation ?

22 minutes ago, The321 said:

In my class multiple people work on a robot. I am not really involved but they keep asking for my electronic parts. How can I get rid of them without damaging our relation ?

Are these parts that you personally own? Or are they given out by the school?

Do you have a project of your own that your parts are for?

Basically, you should tell them to get their own parts. Or stop bringing them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, The321 said:

Just say you dont have any electronic parts anymore, sorry.

The wording might depend on the situation. If the parts are kept by you but you don't own them, maybe find someone else to keep them. If the parts are your property, you could say something like "Sorry, I'm saving these for another project." or "I'm running low on [part name here], could someone else provide them?". If they are yours, you could also ask for some sort of team budget so you aren't paying out of pocket for these parts. Also if your classmates are keeping you from being involved, you could say something to the effect of "I haven't got a chance yet to get involved in our project, I can bring the parts if I can help you guys out with the robot". Hopefully that helped.

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

Say no u

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Its costing you money, or costing your parents money by you giving away free shit all the time.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎18 at 10:58 AM, The321 said:

Just say no. If they don't want to be friends with you afterwards, then they never genuinely considered you as a friend or even human being. They just saw you as a resource to exploit for their own gain. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Its like a friend always asking to bum a cigarette off ya, or always takes a can of my booze when we are drinking by the river on the lookout for the riverpigs.