Spam.. Within threads.

defunkt

Guess what.. I just got Russian spam IN my thread.. The thread in question: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/89577-for-people-that-guitar/

So spam bots are now going into threads with high-ish views and leaving there shit there? wow.

Edit: As this spam doesn't appear on the front page or in a sub forum, it quite often gets left in place.. :/

hello

Guess what.. I just got Russian spam IN my thread.. The thread in question: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/89577-for-people-that-guitar/

So spam bots are now going into threads with high-ish views and leaving there shit there? wow.

They've been doing it for a couple of weeks now this is not new

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

its kinda funny but yea its getting out of control i see spam about 5 times or more a night 

I would rather have kitchen spam I think

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

They're not bots. The forum has captchas and questions on the registry page.

Each one of these spammers has had to sign up individually and do their homework. They're quite devoted.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

They're not bots. The forum has captchas and questions on the registry page.

Each one of these spammers has had to sign up individually and do their homework. They're quite devoted.

What if captchas and questions aren't enough anymore to keep the spambots away?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

What if captchas and questions aren't enough anymore to keep the spambots away?

You just need someone to type in the captcha and the bot is away.

hello

meh.. first time i've seen it ;)

me too apart from the kitchens  ;)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

we need MOAR mods like @looney 

he isn't a mod, all he does is reporting them, then a mod has to sort through them and deal with it, every single one of the people on this thread can report spammers and bad threads aswell.

also this has been going for a while more than a couple weeks.. it's nothing new, ofcourse they can enter a thread and leave their shit there, rather than making a new thread entierly, especially with this low end spamm.

there's no use in making thread upon thread upon thread discussing the spamming, that will get you nowhere, it will only further increase their influence on the forum, so this thread is pointless.

he isn't a mod, all he does is reporting them

no i mean he needs to be a mod becaus he is an awsome guy and has done a lot for the forum 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

no i mean he needs to be a mod becaus he is an awsome guy and has done a lot for the forum 

righto, well i think looney himself explained pretty accurately the most likely reasons that he isn't a mod ..it might very well be the schnitzel.

it might happen and it might not .. i think the mods themselves have a better grasp of the need of mods than what we do in all honesty, i think they would do so if they really had to, i doubt they themselves would want to work more than they have to.

righto, well i think looney himself explained pretty accurately the most likely reasons that he isn't a mod ..

it might happen and it might not .. i think the mods themselves have a better grasp of the need of mods than what we do in all honesty, i think they would do so if they really had to, i doubt they themselves would want to work more than they have to.

but a mod that lives in a diferent time zone is alwase handy 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

but a mod that lives in a diferent time zone is alwase handy 

i won't repeat what i said in my previous comment, which is what i would be doing by now.

it's up to them, and they probably know better than you and me, so no use talking about it.

I know of some forums with huge problems with this. Linus Tech used to have kitchen salesmen a while ago.

Sarah Jessica Parker

I dont like this. When someone says person X should be a mod because of reason Y. Especially in this thread about spammers....If I were a dedicated troll/spammer then I would want to build up a reputation as a really good guy so I could access as much information as I needed and then bring everything crumbling down.

I dont specifically mean Looney is this type of person... I just dont like it when I see people ...uhh having an opinion. lol.

Anyway, back on topic...Ive only ever seen Russian once...I think you guys need to find something better to do with you time then trawling the forums. :P

Did this thread, about spambots, just get attacked by a spambot?

Heh heh, IIIIIRROOOONNNYYYY.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Ah, ya beat me!

Such beautiful irony

Too slow! :P

Ahahahahahhah f*ck off.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM