What’s the best way to learn a language within like a year? Easy?

WolfLoverPro
On 2/17/2018 at 9:15 PM, TheLaserCucumber said:

Just to say: german isn't easy! The grammar for example is a lot more complicated than in english.

Agree, German makes English look easy at times.

I learn German on and off, even have a friend who is German, but he keeps talking in English too me (even though I keep telling him, he can type or speak in German if he wants).

Hmmm, the Witcher games tend to have the option to play the game in a variety of languages.  If the OP has that game, might be another way to learn.  My step-granma, who is Danish, learn English by reading novels, so finding books in the language and reading those will probably help.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I learn German on and off, even have a friend who is German, but he keeps talking in English too me (even though I keep telling him, he can type or speak in German if he wants).

Hmmm, the Witcher games tend to have the option to play the game in a variety of languages.  If the OP has that game, might be another way to learn.  My step-granma, who is Danish, learn English by reading novels, so finding books in the language and reading those will probably help.

Reading books is good for expanding your vocabulary.

On 2/17/2018 at 3:28 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

Wanna learn 

german

spanish

romainan 

....... lol and I only speak English uhhhhhhhh

anyoje got tips how to actully for real memorise stuff and learn for free for real? Suggest any Best sites or apps anything

First master English. Then learn any other languages. I personally speak two but I can only read at 2nd grade level in one and not write at all.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

14 hours ago, Ithanul said:

I am german, and we all learn English in school. I for example learn English since my first grade, and I graduate this summer. 

Maybe he keeps speaking English to you, because he wants to "train" his English himself 

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

24 minutes ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

Maybe he keeps speaking English to you, because he wants to "train" his English himself 

probably :P

On 19. 2. 2018 at 10:55 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

Also someone said watch tv or anything in the language but ... I can’t understand it so how’s that gonna help me I mean like if I don’t know what there saying how’s that gonna help me I don’t get it?

Listening to a language will help you to distinguish between words. When someone is talking fast, it may at first sound like they are speaking one long word or you dont know when they finish saying one word and start to speak another. Learning to distinguish between words is important. It will also give you a good idea about how to pronounce them and you can many times assume the meaning of some words just from a body language that goes with it when the person speaks.

Put yourself in as many situations where you have to hear/speak/write/read it as you can (Immerse yourself), that'll make you learn the most.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 3/9/2018 at 6:00 AM, TheLaserCucumber said:

I am german, and we all learn English in school. I for example learn English since my first grade, and I graduate this summer. 

He is pretty darn good at English since he did is University studies in California for a business degree (where I meet him).

Though, no doubt here in the States our education systems don't really push at learning a second language that early.  Really wish the schools would.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

6 hours ago, Ithanul said:

He is pretty darn good at English since he did is University studies in California for a business degree (where I meet him).

Though, no doubt here in the States our education systems don't really push at learning a second language that early.  Really wish the schools would.

English is heavily pushed.

And later, in 6th grade, if you want to have A Grade, you have to choose a second foreign language. But this one is different from school to school.

The most common ones you can choose are French and Spanish. But I’ve also seen simplified Chinese and Russian.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)