Home Smart Devices - Your Opinions?

Not_Sean
29 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

The time the request where made.  With that info, an individual knows a probability of when someone is in the house and depending on the info, an individual can figure out how many, what the family interests are, and what the family is doing.  Sure easier way to do targeting of product sells, or, in the case of criminals, far higher accurate targeting to scam or target an individual.

Time of request doesn't prove when someone isn't home though, if you're referring to potential robberies. Just means that an individual asked questions at x, y, z times; not that they weren't home in between those questions. As for general conversations, you'd have to be targeted and actively monitored for such an occurrence to be relevant. Given the tens of millions of devices sold, any individual being one of them is unlikely. 

On 2/14/2018 at 10:25 PM, Not_Sean said:

Now first off Not talking about all home smart devices just don't know what bracket these things fall into, I wanted to know from people who have bought one, Things like Alexia and those things,

what the hell the point of it? like what do you use yours for? I get that hey can just yell out questions and get answers but after that, I can't really see any use for it? I'm genuinely asking as seeing them become super popular and struggling to figure out how it has a practical use in my house. Hell I've never bothered with Siri as often i like to type it out instead of yelling things out and getting a stupid voice to read it to me, maybe I'm a bit private of a person, but seeing people saying things to their phones 4 times before it works just seems stupid 

It's a lot more than people make it out to be - but you gotta go the DIY route. Check out BRUH Automation on YouTube. When you start using Assistants like Alexa or Google Home along with a Home Automation hub like Home Assistant and some stuff like Arduino's and other microcontrollers with Wifi chips, etc. it gets crazy fun. If you can think it, you can do it.

CoolerMaster HAF 932 Modded • Intel Core i5 4690K | CoolerMaster V8 GTS • Kingston HyperX Fury White DDR3 1866MHz 16GB • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 • Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 270X Windforce 2GB GDDR5 • Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD • Corsair RM Series 650W PSU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------