Sending netflix to t.v screen.

Perbox

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to send my phones Netflix to say my laptop then to my old t.v screen, or do I need to get a chromecast or other streaming stick in order to do that. I cant put Netflix on my laptop because my friend only wants to give me it on my phone for some reason...is there any temporary fix that I could use before my chromecast arrives?

@ me if you want me to respond  :))

Why would you do that extra step? just load up the browser on the laptop and goto Netflix, or install the app.

7 minutes ago, Perbox said:

I cant put Netflix on my laptop because my friend only wants to give me it on my phone for some reason

I'm a tad confused about this statement.

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

hes using his friends netflix account, who wont actually give him the password.

so the only way he can watch it on his TV, is by mirroring it from his phone, which already has netflix logged in.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Dujith said:

Why would you do that extra step? just load up the browser on the laptop and goto Netflix, or install the app.

I need the Netflix tonight and my friend does not want to give me the password to it (because we share accounts) over the internet because he is super safe with his passwords and won't tell anyone, so I am just looking for a temporary fix in the meantime so that i can watch Netflix tonight on the big screen instead of the phone

9 minutes ago, Perbox said:

I need the Netflix tonight and my friend does not want to give me the password to it (because we share accounts) over the internet because he is super safe with his passwords and won't tell anyone, so I am just looking for a temporary fix in the meantime so that i can watch Netflix tonight on the big screen instead of the phone

Why don't you get your own netflix account?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Why don't you get your own netflix account?

I'm 15 so I don't have a very steady income

1 minute ago, Perbox said:

I'm 15 so I don't have a very steady income

Okay, Better Idea. When your friend comes over to your house, you could ask him to enter the password himself. :) That's what I do. :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Okay, Better Idea. When your friend comes over to your house, you could ask him to enter the password himself. :) That's what I do. :) 

I said " so I am just looking for a temporary fix in the meantime so that i can watch Netflix tonight on the big screen instead of the phone" Just something temporary until i do meet up with him...possibly a program or a way to cast my screen over

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

hes using his friends netflix account, who wont actually give him the password.

so the only way he can watch it on his TV, is by mirroring it from his phone, which already has netflix logged in.

Ah.

1 minute ago, Perbox said:

Simplest way and with the best quality would be to pickup a chromecast. Might even be able to find a cheap gen 1

32 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Ah.

Simplest way and with the best quality would be to pickup a chromecast. Might even be able to find a cheap gen 1

Rather not waste money on gen 1. I bet there are used gen 2s too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv