Can I test an AC socket with this multimeter?

JoostinOnline
Go to solution Solved by Dujith,

Its rated CAT II 1000V so the 120V will be fine :D

To clarify, CAT II is the maximum allowed voltage to be measured in a house (behind a safe box)

I don't know if my multimeter is designed to test up to 120V, and I don't want to fry it.  Can anyone tell me either way?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I'm gonna move this into the electronics section, not really anything to do with troubleshooting.  Also I think @iamdarkyoshi would know

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Colin Donoghue said:

Someone said that the leads are too thicc for a socket

There are insulation caps on it that are required for CAT III (for example electrical wiring from the electric company before the fuses).

If you remove those caps it should fit, tho that will make the leads maximum CAT II

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm gonna move this into the electronics section, not really anything to do with troubleshooting.  Also I think @iamdarkyoshi would know

:( Nobody believes me :D:P 

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Sorry about that.  I didn't know where to post it.  I looked through the subforums, but somehow missed hobby electronics.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440