Uploading music on Youtube

Agonizel

Hey community,

Here's my question: Why is there some copyrighted music uploads allowed on Youtube like "Post Malone - Rockstar (Lyrics)" by a random uploader and some get immediately deleted ?

Even though they're both claiming they're not holding any rights, do not intend to make any copyright infringement and do not monetize their video

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

It depends some labels are really tough on that like insta striking wall some don't really care unless it goes viral without copyright

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Generally what I've seen is that the video is made ineligible for monetization and the claimant will generally monetize the video

I figure it's probably a similar story for larger channels or with a video that gets more popular.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Claiming "I don't own copyright blah blah" doesn't do anything to protect you from consequences of breaking the rules and just makes you look like a fool.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

6 minutes ago, EposVox said:

Claiming "I don't own copyright blah blah" doesn't do anything to protect you from consequences of breaking the rules and just makes you look like a fool.

Does copypasting

""Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976...." etc. help though?! :D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No. It does nothing whatsoever and just shows you don't know how copyright law nor YouTube policies/tools/enforcement works

11 minutes ago, EposVox said:

No. It does nothing whatsoever and just shows you don't know how copyright law nor YouTube policies/tools/enforcement works

How does it work?

Nothing you put in a video description will protect you from consequences of breaking copyright law. If you actually do have license to use music/content, that does need to go there, but stating that you don't have license does nothing. A lawyer won't stop from suing you if it somehow got that far, and it won't protect you from automated or deliberate Content ID claims nor Copyright Strikes to your account.

There are some songs that are protected so much by copyright that just putting that disclaimer in isn't enough.

Faint by Linkin Park for example. You have to drastically change the pitch to get that song on YouTube, and in most of the cases I've seen, you can't even have the full song.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, EposVox said:

copyright law.

Sadly, my knowledge of the law is pretty basic so I don't know copyright law in any depth whatsoever. At the legal level, what is the difference between playing the music at a party and uploading it on youtube without monetization and the (obsolete) disclaimer?

16 hours ago, EposVox said:

I have heard it actually does the opposite of helping you, because you willingly admitted you know you were breaking copyright law, but you uploaded it anyways.

EDIT: when you would get sued that is

Edited by Minibois
Fixed some grammar and added some info

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/