North Korea

Zuba Twizta

Ratcheting up the rhetoric, North Korea warned early Thursday that its military has been cleared to wage an attack on the U.S. using “smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear†weapons.

The Pentagon, meanwhile, said in Washington that it will deploy a missile defense system to the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam to strengthen regional protection against a possible attack from North Korea. The defense secretary said the United States was seeking to defuse the situation.

Despite the rhetoric, analysts say they do not expect a nuclear attack by North Korea, which knows the move could trigger a destructive, suicidal war that no one in the region wants.

The strident warning from Pyongyang is latest in a series of escalating threats from North Korea, which has railed for weeks against joint U.S. and South Korean military exercises taking place in South Korea and has expressed anger over tightened sanctions for a February nuclear test.

Following through on one threat Wednesday, North Korean border authorities refused to allow entry to South Koreans who manage jointly run factories in the North Korean city of Kaesong.

Washington calls the military drills, which this time have incorporated fighter jets and nuclear-capable stealth bombers, routine annual exercises between the allies. Pyongyang calls them rehearsals for a northward invasion

The foes fought on opposite sides of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953. The divided Korean Peninsula remains in a technical state of war six decades later, and Washington keeps 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect its ally.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Washington was doing all it can to defuse the situation, echoing comments a day earlier by Secretary of State John Kerry.

“Some of the actions they’ve taken over the last few weeks present a real and clear danger and threat to the interests, certainly of our allies, starting with South Korea and Japan and also the threats that the North Koreans have leveled directly at the United States regarding our base in Guam, threatened Hawaii, threatened the West Coast of the United States,†Hagel said Wednesday.

- ASSOCIATED PRESS

What do you guys think about this?

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

i think we have over a thousand warheads capable of leveling north korea with one bomb.

we'll be fine.

- kim Jong Un will non-violently be put in his place

- North Korea's threats are empty

- 'If I change the world maybe someone will notice me'

- Nobody is on their side, China now treats them like an unruly child on a plane that they are trying to shut up

- Nothing will eventuate, attacking the US is suicide

kim Jong Un is 30 years old! 30! He in no way can be taken seriously. NK is on their own now, if they start attacking other countries they will ruin their chances of continuing to exist and develop as a nation. Some serious intervention needs to take place before we have another pointless (utterly ridiculous) situation like what's happened/happening in Iraq.

post-2526-13667862338688_thumb.png

post-2526-13667862338688_thumb.png

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Nothings going to happen, they are just attention seeking. They won't risk trade links with China who have said they will cut all ties if they start an attack, they have little to no support.

- Nobody is on their side, China now treats them like an unruly child on a plane that they are trying to shut up

kim Jong Un is 30 years old! 30! He in no way can be taken seriously. NK is on their own now, if they start attacking other countries they will ruin their chances of continuing to exist and develop as a nation. Some serious intervention needs to take place before we have another pointless (utterly ridiculous) situation like what's happened/happening in Iraq.

Are you saying that he has to be at least 45 years old?

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I'm glad the world is treating this with a little sense of appeasement. Otherwise, their threats could be taken quite seriously, and we would be in trouble.

I am saying he is clearly an inexperienced leader, and is not fit to do so. Does the current situation not make it obvious enough?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I hope NK attacks the U.S. or South Korea. Why? Because North Korea is just wasting away and providing nothing to the world that is positive. I'm glad China isn't on their side and I hope North Korea will be killed off soon.

North Korea has been a blemish on this world that needs to be exterminated. Don't get me wrong, I love South Korea, but if North Korea wants to threaten the land in which Samsung comes from and manufacturers my SSDs in, then to Hell with them!

I'm serious. We'll shoot down their nuke that will be fired at the U.S.(or Heaven forbid they launch one at South Korea) and then go to war with North Korea, hopefully hydrogen bomb them and get it over with quickly.

Your move North Korea, I'd advise you to drop the dictatorship and become a normal country, or otherwise there won't be anymore people to brainwash due to starvation and disease. We want to help, but you want to treat us like this, then we'll treat you the same, like the child you are.

Their missiles can't even fly far enough to reach the US, so unless they find an ally a little closer you really don't have much to worry about and they have a pretty bad track record of launching missiles from sea.

I believe the main goal of all these "terrorist" threats/attacks is to damage economy more than anything

Their missiles can't even fly far enough to reach the US' date=' so unless they find an ally a little closer you really don't have much to worry about and they have a pretty bad track record of launching missiles from sea. I believe the main goal of all these "terrorist" threats/attacks is to damage economy more than anything[/quote']

Yeah, there is one ally close enough. South Korea, which any missile they could launch is more than able to hit South Korea with ease and if attacked, the U.S. will have to step in and take action.

Their missiles can't even fly far enough to reach the US' date=' so unless they find an ally a little closer you really don't have much to worry about and they have a pretty bad track record of launching missiles from sea. I believe the main goal of all these "terrorist" threats/attacks is to damage economy more than anything[/quote']

Yeah, there is one ally close enough. South Korea, which any missile they could launch is more than able to hit South Korea with ease and if attacked, the U.S. will have to step in and take action.

I meant an ally that could harbour missiles for them to launch at the U.S. South Korea has always had that issue.

But like I said I never thought any antagonists of America had any intention of winning a war. It's the amount of money it costs the government every time one of these threats is made, that war has nearly been won. The best solution is to step back and say do your worst, not to fork out countless more billions on another hoax!

Ah, okay, I didn't interpret that ally comment quite well, lol.

Yeah it does cost a lot of money, which is why I think the U.S. should be on their toes and if there is an attack be ready for it and counter it quickly and get it over with.

Nothing will happen. Kim Jong-un is trying to gain respect, trust, and show how he is a good leader to the suported of his father regime, and he is better, stronger than his father. All this to please his now supporters. If he doesn't do anything, then he will look weak, and this could lead to have his position replaced by someone else... possibly and usually army general, hence why he does all of this. Of course, I am no experts. But I think this is what is going on.

If we really wanted to we could turn that place into a flat wasteland in a heartbeat. It's all talk to try and get to his fathers level. It won't work

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

It's that counter attack that costs money though, and there are treaties in place to prevent the US from attacking in that way, countries like North Korea know this. Its a lot like a game of poker, countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea have just been re raising and watching Americas chips whittle down as they are obliged to fold, they cannot instigate a missile attack without approval, the best they can do is spend billions sending troops around the world, it surprises me as to how many politicians are blind to this tactic.

I think the media will censor and make light of the whole situation no matter what happens. That's what I think about it. I also think it will bring out a bunch of cocky Americans bragging how many guns and missiles they have, and how they are gods gift to the world claiming it's they who decide the outcome of every conflict.

I do agree a majority of the conflict is about filling daddy's shoes and gaining respect. It does go a lot further politically of course but I'm not sure a political debate is needed on these forums.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Didn't the nuclear apocalypse in Metro 2033 start in 2013.....

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Didn't the nuclear apocalypse in Metro 2033 start in 2013.....
why you may be correct sir.

WELP, i'm movin to russia. i know how this pans out.

I only just found all this out from a video on YouTube. Kind of weird, yet another war.

I only just found all this out from a video on YouTube. Kind of weird, yet another war.
That video screams fake.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I'm glad i live in Canada and my top worry is the trade deadline for hockey.

I'm glad i live in Canada and my top worry is the trade deadline for hockey.
Don't forget, Canada is in the continent of North America, same as the United States of America.

good thing i live in australia but still i dont want usa to get bombed because caselabs and peformance pcs are in usa

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Am I the only one who wants North Korea to attack just to see the US retaliate or are there other people who want to see this as well