what happens if you don't address a youtube copyright id claim

Snapy1

Okay so what happens if you get a copyright claim on your video and you ignore it? 

It depends, most cases its just monetized to the person who clammed it, and is fine to leave it if you want. I would double check though, some block it.

Galaxy: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by a h105) - ASUS Sabertooth Z77 - Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram - Nvidia GTX 780 2 way Sli - Corsair HX850i - Corsair C70

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Battlefield 4 Collectors Edition (TO BE REPLACED BY K65 RGB) - Logitech G502 - Hyperx Cloud

Take down? No monetization for you? Lock down to certain countries? That's all I can come up with.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

jelly beans will eat you...

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know anything about youtube copyrights but common sense would say that if you ignore it your account will be molested.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

No one can comment FIRST!11!!!!!!111!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

No one can comment FIRST!11!!!!!!111!

:huh:

Anyway, there's always re-uploading :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I don't know anything about youtube copyrights but common sense would say that if you ignore it your account will be molested.

No, nothing will happen to your account. Copyright ID claims are more of a nuisance since whoever claims it can block it in countries, monetize the video, track the video's analytics, and maybe mute the audio. I think they can elevate it to a Copyright Strike, and that is very bad but far more likely to happen immediately.

Still, it's not a good idea to go disputing all the claims you get. If it's from someone like Nintendo then you'll be safe forever since they just want to monetize it, but if it's from WMG for an audio clip then that could escalate, although it doesn't seem to. Interestingly, in my experience, a lot of them don't respond within the 1 month time frame they're given to respond to a dispute, at which point it gets released.

Either way, if you ignore it and you don't monetize your videos anyway, the worst that can happen is it gets blocked in other countries. Know the companies who actually have a valid claim though, if it's someone like IMG Media UK then or Samoa NL then you can dispute those no problem.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.