Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until 26th of October 2018

ItsMitch

Rockstar has delayed the upcoming game RDR2 by another few weeks again to the 26th of October 2018 in a surprising shock to some gamers. 

This is their statement on their website blog.

Dear All,

We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.

With thanks,
Rockstar Games

Bring on the microtransactions hidden under the guise of "polishing" 

There is yet no confirmation on a PC release date....... which is bothering me a lot. They released some nice pictures although.

Source: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60346/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-is-Coming-October-26th-2018 

6cff08109cc9096e816240f6b154f725f4fd17de.jpg

Yeah, I am not upset about this if it is truly to polish this game. Like optimization and glitches. However, if this is to add micro transactions............

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

Im glad. take your time, polish the game, no need to rush. also it will give my pockets some breathing time lol

my only fears are that they'll just ram micro transactions into the game, people will flip their shit, world will probably blow up level of drama. 

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

my only fears are that they'll just ram micro transactions into the game, people will flip their shit, world will probably blow up level of drama. 

there's rumors that the ps4 is jailbroken. thats all im saying.. not insinuating anything xD

Just now, IamODIN said:

there's rumors that the ps4 is jailbroken. thats all im saying.. not insinuating anything xD

;) lowkey is watching /r/crackwatch closely 

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

;) lowkey is watching /r/crackwatch closely 

xD low key having crackwatch open in another tab 

25 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Let's hope it is truly polished. Still sucks there will be no PC version anytime soon

BuT mAkInG pC gAMeS iSNt EaSY aND iTS eXPenSiVE - pc developers when they've made millions of dollars from their games

Good on them. I'd rather they take their time then put out a game that's clearly not ready and patch it later, after much bitching from the community. Those that are bitching about micro transactions, I really doubt that's why. They've shown they can make more than enough money through Shark cards. Which I fully expect to see implemented in this game as well.

4 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

BuT mAkInG pC gAMeS iSNt EaSY aND iTS eXPenSiVE - pc developers when they've made millions of dollars from their games

You know, revenue and profit aren't the same thing right?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You know, revenue and profit aren't the same thing right

the joke flew so far over your head

7 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

the joke flew so far over your head

So you agree that games are expensive to make?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

So you agree that games are expensive to make?

yeah of course but the point im trying to make is that rockstar is a fucking huge company, it shouldn't be that hard to push out a game for all platforms instead of trying to milk the consoles until their udders bleed, then fuck off to the PC platform and milk those udders too. Why not just milk ALL the udders all at once

12 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

yeah of course but the point im trying to make is that rockstar is a fucking huge company, it shouldn't be that hard to push out a game for all platforms instead of trying to milk the consoles until their udders bleed, then fuck off to the PC platform and milk those udders too. Why not just milk ALL the udders all at once

I don't think that rockstar would delay the pc version if they could have it done at the same time. Imo it's much better for them to polish the optimization of the game than for us to have another rushed pc port. Just be patient and they won't disappoint.

8 minutes ago, Soonercoop21 said:

I don't think that rockstar would delay the pc version if they could have it done at the same time. Imo it's much better for them to polish the optimization of the game than for us to have another rushed pc port. Just be patient and they won't disappoint.

I suppose. We did get a pretty good PC port on gta . I just hope we don't have to wait that long again

Hello

Remember GTA V on PC and how it was delayed and delayed and delayed, but we got an amazing port?

Just wait.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

32 minutes ago, Soonercoop21 said:

you know how big rockstar is? they could release a decent pc port within a month, if not even on the same day the console versions come out.

this is just an easy way to avoid piracy and likely make people double dip.

i just hope its not that big of a delay like gta 5. it used to be around 6 months before that.

1 minute ago, apm said:

you know how big rockstar is? they could release a decent pc port within a month, if not even on the same day the console versions come out.

this is just an easy way to avoid piracy and likely make people double dip.

i just hope its not that big of a delay like gta 5. it used to be around 6 months before that.

Yes, I know how big Rockstar is and you have to keep in mind that a smaller division of developers are working on a game originally and an even smaller amount is working on porting a game once it's through initial development. If they allocated all of their resources to this single game, yeah sure, they could release them close to back to back. Does any company making decent games similar to Red Dead or GTA actually do that with an incredibly smooth release? Not really. More than six months is a long time, but I guarantee you in the case of GTA it was not solely to avoid piracy. If it was they would have released it earlier than a year and a half late. They also allowed people on console with millions of illegitimate in game dollars from car dupes to transfer their progress over for a pretty long period. This delay could have been expected from a mile away and I really only fault them for setting an unrealistic release date. Or I mean you can assume the worst with no inside information about what's actually going on.

As they didn't bother bring the first Red Dead to PC I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get the second one either. Rockstar don't seem that bothered about the PC market.

2 hours ago, IamODIN said:

It's only 4.05, which will only play games from 2016 and earlier.

Just now, Monkey Dust said:

As they didn't bother bring the first Red Dead to PC I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get the second one either. Rockstar don't seem that bothered about the PC market.

I think we will get this one on PC a year or two after it hits console just like we saw with Final Fantasy XV. GTA Online is such a PC cash cow for Rockstar there is now way they'll ignore this platform for RDR2.

Supposedly RDR1 didn't come to PC because the codebase was a huge clusterfuck hybrid of GTA engines that they barely got running on the 360 (the PS3 version is total crap). That seems reasonable since an XB1/PS4 remaster of the game would have printed money if it was feasible to outsource to a company like Bluepoint who does a lot of big remasters.

53 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Remember GTA V on PC and how it was delayed and delayed and delayed, but we got an amazing port?

Just wait.

Yeah that's one of the greatest PC ports ever done. Even when it came out you didn't need unobtanium level hardware to run at 60 fps like most AAA games with comparable graphics.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yeah that's one of the greatest PC ports ever done. Even when it came out you didn't need unobtanium level hardware to run at 60 fps like most AAA games with comparable graphics.

it even scales all the way up to a 5960x

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

it even scales all the way up to a 5960x

I remember disabling two cores of my Xeon E3-1231v3 to simulate a 3.8 GHz Haswell i3 and it still ran at over 60 fps the vast majority of the time with my GTX 970 at 1080p on a mix of very high and ultra. And the worst dips were to around 50 fps and didn't happen often or for long.