Do you need a flow-meter?

simple quastion, do you need a flow meter. if yes why?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

nope, i dont really see the point of one beyond looks eiher

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

Well to see if the liquid is flowing. If you are worried about it stopping, then get one

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nope, i dont really see the point of one beyond looks eiher

If you are using a trusted, well known pump, you shouldn't worry 

I don't think it's very valuable, other than for aesthetics IF it's placed correctly.

Do you need a custom loop? No

Do you need a flow meter? No

Do you want a custom loop? Depends on the person

Do you want a flow meter? Depends on the person 

That's an F in the profile pic

I've been running my custom loop about a year now.
I've never had a flow meter in that time.

I'm using a PWM D5 pump, so if water were to stop moving due to pump failure, I would get the alert from the motherboard detecting that the CPU-fan header has gone dead.

So really, no need.

That said, I do plan on getting one later just because I think they look cool.

---

I had a flow meter for a while, used to feed the flow (ml/min) as an rpm signal into the motherboard. Thought it was "safer" than just relying on pump rpm; but doesnt matter in the end. Once I was satisfied with my pump speed, I took it out the loop because I thought it didn't look so good.

Do you need it? probably not.

If you like the look of it, you could.

I always figured you will know when the pump stops because your temps will go up up up.

I figure watching your temos will do the same thing. 

18 minutes ago, Bill4 said:

I always figured you will know when the pump stops because your temps will go up up up.

I figure watching your temos will do the same thing. 

Using something like CoreTemp or SpeedFan can give you easy access to your temps from the desktop with a tiny, unobtrusive little icon in the task bar.

These apps also have options for setting alerts when temperatures go too high in cases of emergency.

---

2 hours ago, seba7661 said:

Nope.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

okay, thanks. dont need it then

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

Mine connects to my board like most should so it has nothing to do with looks. Also doesn't really do much of anything. I wouldn't waste time with it. A temp sensor however is nice to have.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz