URGENT - bios frozen

I was messing around in my bios and it just froze like this. I did not change any values whatsoever, but its stuck like this now and I'm afraid to restart it. Ctrl alt delete does nothing the only option is to hard reset, but im kinda scared to do so.

My motherboard is an A68HM-E33 from MSI.

Edit: I shut it down for the time being but im afraid something is gonna fry if i try to start it up again

Spoiler

IMG_20180131_125205.jpg

Edited by xFluing

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

Did you restart it?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Did you restart it?

No, I shut it down now and I'm afraid to boot it up

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

Just now, xFluing said:

No, I shut it down now and I'm afraid to boot it up

Well, try to boot it. You won't know if it works until you try to power it on.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Well, try to boot it. You won't know if it works until you try to power it on.

Ok then, but if something gets fried what is the first thing I should do? Unplug the psu from the wall?

12 minutes ago, xFluing said:

Ok then, but if something gets fried what is the first thing I should do? Unplug the psu from the wall?

if something fries it will probbaly happen faster then you can react. like split-second.

you should be fine tough. 

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

if something fries it will probbaly happen faster then you can react. like split-second.

you should be fine tough. 

Im afraid something really bad is gonna happen, I have this brandless psu I've used for 3 years and I think it's finally caught up with itself

Just now, xFluing said:

Im afraid something really bad is gonna happen, I have this brandless psu I've used for 3 years and I think it's finally caught up with itself

if the PSU died you would have noticed it by now. They tend to die in a pretty spectacular fashion ;)

just power it on, it will probbaly be fine. if nothing died when it froze, nothing will die now.

1 minute ago, xFluing said:

well your other option is to just leave your computer off forever

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

if the PSU died you would have noticed it by now. They tend to die in a pretty spectacular fashion ;)

just power it on, it will probbaly be fine. if nothing died when it froze, nothing will die now.

Thats thw thing it may not have died then, but this boot might be the thing that would push it over the edge

@RollinLower You seem like the person to egg someone on to do something they don't want to.

Any how @xFluing you only got one option unless you have a secondary PSU to use to boot it up. Sooooo You might as well bite the bullet and power it up to see if it runs. If you think your PSU is near time you might as well swap it out for your peace of mind. Secondly You are gonna have to boot it up sometime unless your willing to transfer to Console or Mobile Gaming?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

4 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

@RollinLower You seem like the person to egg someone on to do something they don't want to.

Any how @xFluing you only got one option unless you have a secondary PSU to use to boot it up. Sooooo You might as well bite the bullet and power it up to see if it runs. If you think your PSU is near time you might as well swap it out for your peace of mind. Secondly You are gonna have to boot it up sometime unless your willing to transfer to Console or Mobile Gaming?

i mean, a frozen BIOS isn;t really anything to worry about tough. just reboot and see what happens. 99.9999% of the time you will be fine.

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i mean, a frozen BIOS isn;t really anything to worry about tough. just reboot and see what happens. 99.9999% of the time you will be fine.

Eh? BIOS Freezes aren't bad unless all your fans started going 90 after. The fact he didn't want to switch of his Rig would state they where remaining at the RPM they where set at upon launch. So just could have been the System having a brain fart :/ 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

Eh? BIOS Freezes aren't bad unless all your fans started going 90 after. The fact he didn't want to switch of his Rig would state they where remaining at the RPM they where set at upon launch. So just could have been the System having a brain fart :/ 

Yeah the fans didnt ramp all the way up, but there wasnt really a way to tell as i set my case fan at 100% constantly, and my cpu cooler has a 120mm fan so its pretty silent the only fan that could have given it away is the gpu fan, that one is loud but that did not ramp up at all either

Just now, xFluing said:

Yeah the fans didnt ramp all the way up, but there wasnt really a way to tell as i set my case fan at 100% constantly, and my cpu cooler has a 120mm fan so its pretty silent the only fan that could have given it away is the gpu fan, that one is loud but that did not ramp up at all either

Your fans have a Set RPM. Like 1200RPM or lower or greater. This is an RPM set within a tolerance level. Doesn't mean it can't or wont go over that RPM if able to, I know this as a School Computer Was acting up not posting and was slowy but surely spinning it's fan pass the threshold for it as you couldn't hear a time where it levelled out at a max limit.

2 hours ago, xFluing said:

I was messing around in my bios and it just froze like this. I did not change any values whatsoever, but its stuck like this now and I'm afraid to restart it. Ctrl alt delete does nothing the only option is to hard reset, but im kinda scared to do so.

My motherboard is an A68HM-E33 from MSI.

Edit: I shut it down for the time being but im afraid something is gonna fry if i try to start it up again

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20180131_125205.jpg

Actually, in my experience when this happens, it's not usually actually the bios freezing, but the mouse and keyboard dropping out and not working.

How certain are you that that's not what it was?

You can upgrade the bios if you want with a USB stick and a new bios from the MSI support page for the board. Just make sure you do it when there's no chance of a power outage as if the power cuts out or the thumb stick gets pulled out while doing a bios update, it bricks your board for good and becomes a paperweight.