The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits.

Virus__

North America is weird with it's alcohol consumption laws. 21 across the nation, which is just weird when you can enlist into the defence forces, enrol to vote & buy smokes at 18 right? and afaik the majority of the rest of the world it's 18, I know it's 19 in Alberta, Canada but 18 across the rest of the country iirc?

It was 21 here in at least the state of Queensland, Australia when my father was growing up from memory. But it's now 18 nationwide.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Went out for lunch the other day, got to try the new pilot batch from local brewers Stone & Wood, a honey cream ale called 'The Wilderness' it was okay, it lacked a lot of the flavours & aromas they boasted on about though. Easy to drink & I could have more, but not at $10 a pint when it lacks what the blurb said imo, also even more so when I can get Balter XPA on tap at the same place which shits all over this imo.

IMG_1502.thumb.JPG.1ae4cc5d71c3c50f92a11725050214a8.JPG

Also grabbed a can of the pale ale & IPA by another local brewer called Black Hops, hadn't had a chance to try them yet, the Pale Ale is good, but I am told the IPA is better (haven't had a chance to crack that yet) am looking forward to it when I get to though!

IMG_1508.thumb.JPG.fe27836a04b94ec3b348fda5a75f6575.JPGIMG_1507.thumb.JPG.406c69a5b5c5664834eafa8732d7d741.JPG

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

On 3/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, dalekphalm said:

Then you're boned.

Not really. I'm 18. It's not that hard to drink. You just have to know the right places to buy it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, Virus__ said:

North America is weird with it's alcohol consumption laws. 21 across the nation, which is just weird when you can enlist into the defence forces, enrol to vote & buy smokes at 18 right? and afaik the majority of the rest of the world it's 18, I know it's 19 in Alberta, Canada but 18 across the rest of the country iirc?

It was 21 here in at least the state of Queensland, Australia when my father was growing up from memory. But it's now 18 nationwide.

No, it's 18 in Alberta. I think it's only 19 in BC and Ontario.

Hops is probably the reason why I’m not much of a beer drinker aside from the fact that it can make you fat fast 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Yeah I had a few Beers..actually I haven't felt like drinking...because yeah kinda would like to start drinking too much and shit. And not really wanting to do that. 

Honestly Id rather just have some Reefer and something good to smoke on for awhile me....That was more entertaining sitting around high out of my mind playing with shit I know you know what I'm talking about lol

55 minutes ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_drinks_in_Canada#Age

Only Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec have the age at 18. The rest are all 19.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Should move to Canada man. yall onboard with Reefer up there, believe me the a lot drinking stage passes to me it does anyways, would rather relax. 

And I don't know it's weird times...taking drugs not approved by the FDA  and My Doctor thinks I'm Schizod and stuff lol.

48 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Hops is probably the reason why I’m not much of a beer drinker aside from the fact that it can make you fat fast 

Yeah, lots of calories in beer.

Straight rum isn't too bad calorie wise. I stick to rum.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 minutes ago, spwath said:

Yeah, lots of calories in beer.

Straight rum isn't too bad calorie wise. I stick to rum.

Some companies tried to come up with “diet beer” that promises 100 calories per bottle but those simply taste awful. Nothing beats the taste of real beer aside from the fact that it doesn’t make someone drunk that fast because alcohol ranges from 5 to 7%. 

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

Some companies tried to come up with “diet beer” that promises 100 calories per bottles but those simply taste awful. Nothing beats the taste of real beer aside from the fact that it doesn’t make someone drunk that fast because alcohol ranges from 5 to 7%. 

Yeah rum makes you drunk. Especially 100 proof rum...

Especially 15 shots of it, as I found out, briefly before the campus police walked in.

I tried some Abita Strawberry tonight. I haven't found an Abita I thought was worth the money yet, and this doesn't change that. I can't figure out why it's so popular in my region (southern United States).

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

18 minutes ago, spwath said:

Especially 15 shots of it, as I found out, briefly before the campus police walked in.

Yeah Liquor sounds good too, I like it man but don't get me wrong the type where you start drinking you want to keep drinking etc that addictive Grasp that takes hold, so a lot of it's been avoided for quite some time now. 

I'm a beer guy myself, especially love Belgian beers. Duvel, Chimay Blue, Westvleteren 12, St. Bernardus Abt. 12, Waterloo, Tripel Karmeliet, those are some of my favourites... it's pretty rare for me to come across a Belgian beer I don't love. :D

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

9 hours ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Oh right. I must've misheard what my friend in Newfoundland sad. My bad!

7 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Some companies tried to come up with “diet beer” that promises 100 calories per bottle but those simply taste awful. Nothing beats the taste of real beer aside from the fact that it doesn’t make someone drunk that fast because alcohol ranges from 5 to 7%. 

Eh, some low carb beers are alright.. But most are just trash & boring.

5 hours ago, spwath said:

Any alcohol of a reasonable ABV in quick succession & enough of it will get you drunk.

Beer from a semi-local brewery:

IMG_20180324_192129.thumb.jpg.98070ee81b424b380c1ddfa1581b2a93.jpg

Bought on sale as a blind buy.

It's an OK brown ale. Kinda bitter with an almost whiskey-like quality to the aftertaste.

Not something I would drive after, but certainly worth the $2 I payed for it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

10 hours ago, Virus__ said:

Eh, some low carb beers are alright.. But most are just trash & boring.

The last time I drank a low carb beer it tasted bland if that word is even appropriate. I’m mostly a scotch person though I’d pick beer if it’s an all night party or talking to someone for hours 

On 25/03/2018 at 7:38 AM, hey_yo_ said:

The last time I drank a low carb beer it tasted bland if that word is even appropriate. I’m mostly a scotch person though I’d pick beer if it’s an all night party or talking to someone for hours 

I'm the opposite. Especially since I drink high ABV beers for the most part. I usually stick to rum hahaha.

Had one of the guys from Fixation Brewing pop into work last night to exchange an expired carton of their IPA for us, as a thanks for supporting them (as they're local to us & independent) he left me a few four packs (originally 3, but I left one for my boss cause I didn't want to be a total dick) I love that these local brands are so cool to us. It justifies me supporting them & getting customers to try their products. Hopefully we can get them back in store for a tasting real soon!

IMG_1539.thumb.JPG.7a9d236bd79ef1782f4be36942a01b67.JPG

On 3/23/2018 at 11:51 PM, Virus__ said:

In Germany you are at age 16 already allowed to drink beer and wine without your parents.

You can buy stronger stuff at age 18.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

17 hours ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

In Germany you are at age 16 already allowed to drink beer and wine without your parents.

You can buy stronger stuff at age 18.

In theory in Australia, at least in my state of New South Wales, law allows supervised drinking at home when under the legal drinking age of 18, but it's against the law to supply alcohol to a minor, so go figure, since that is secondary supply. So silly.

IMG_0074-Edit.thumb.jpg.a13757a14f4fa40f12d44c32c1f1442a.jpg

Flor De Cana 12 year.

Really good aged rum. Good with some 90% dark chocolate.

20180328_105906.jpg

22 hours ago, Densetsu said:

IMG_0074-Edit.thumb.jpg.a13757a14f4fa40f12d44c32c1f1442a.jpg

A honey cream ale?

I had a honey cream ale the other week by a local brewery, it was the most boring thing. No flavour like their description said. Had good aroma, but man I was disappointed.