LED fan with 2-pin connector?

Fawke

Hello!

This might be a stupid question, but I bought set of red LED fans on sale, didn't really cost too much so it's not too bad, but they all came with the standard 3-pin fan connectors, which I of course know where to put, but they also came with some strange 2-pin connectors (like the one I link to below)

Where am I supposed to put it? I know for sure that is what is going to let the LED's light up, so it would be nice to know, so the fans work for what they should ;)

Thanks for any answers!

http://www.robotshop.com/Images/big/en/sfe-jst-right-angle-2-pin-connector.jpg

Just use the 3 pin wires, don't worry about the 2pins because as far as i know they are used for GPU fans. :)

I think the 2 pin is meant for the addition of a switch so you can toggle the LED on or off without affecting the Fan. Normally, the 3 pin is used to power both fan and LED - if you plug in the 3 pin does it light up at all?

looks like a connector for a bitfenix led strip

Oh yeah, I've got one of those male connectors on my fan controller to control the LED's in my case.

Cacti, not cactuses. 

plug it in if u dont get light just cut the twopin connector of then strip the ends and twist them together and it will light up nicely worked on my coolermaster fans with red LEDs :) if u dont trust me just connect them to another PSU and jump the pins :)

Edit:

[h=1]CM Storm Scout II 120mm is the name of the fans i used on my thermaltake case[/h]

Cpu: intel i7 4790k    Motherboard: MSI GAMING 5   GPU:Nvidia GTX 980Ti   PSU: Corsair AX 760 PSU  RAM:Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 24GB RG  SSD: OZC Vertex 4 128GB  HDD: 2x1tb WD  Case: Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow edition! 

• 4 years later...