Is this PC good?

Hey guys, so I've been trying to see which pc I should get with a budget of 5,000 and can last me at least a big amount of years. I am 14 

and this might not look like the best post on this website but I need your help to see if this pc: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LgYq6X

is good I don't know how to do Custom water cooling so I cant really do that. This PC is gonna be for streaming and recording and some rendering.
I also want it to download games really fast so that explains the SSD and the 3 TB HDD will be for the long run of junk. I need help pls!
Oh and btw it says that there are compatibility notes on the build it says The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. Should I ignore and if no tell me how to prevent it.
Here are the specs if you don't like clicking links from strangers:
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
CPU Cooler: H100i Corsair v2
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 3.5g
Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151
Storage: \/
SSD: Kingston - Predator 960GB M.2-2280 - HyperX's Fastest SSD yet
HDD: WD RD 3TB 3.5
GPU: MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB of VRAM GAMING X
Case: Corsair - Air 540 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX

Case Fans: Corsair - Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm Fans
RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX Predator Black 32GB Kit 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP Desktop Memory HX432C16PB3K4/32
Monitor: ASUS 24.5" Screen LED-Lit Monitor (PG258Q) 1920x1080, G-Sync, Eye Care, Comes with HDMI Cable.

also, what the heck kind of budget is that. i don't know how you could end up with such a lame pc for that amount. 1600$ for a 1tb m.2 ssd? dafuq. you could get the whole computer for that amount.

also, your monitor choice makes me puke in my mouth.

find other ram, get other cpu

i mean, look at some intelligent builds out there with the same components, you'll see how wrong you are.

you clearly don't know the way. you can have 3 computers of the same performance for the amount of money you put in this one. you'll have like 3k$ over after you're done. spending big is useless, just build a new one 2-3 years later for another 2k, because you know, stuff improves.

Don't use a WD RED/Purple or Seagate Ironwolf (NAS Drives) in a computer that gets shut down every day at least once.

Those drives don't like starting up/spin down much, they are made for 24/7 usage.

Then, if building from scratch, why not going for 8th gen Intel? Like a Core I5/7 K Variant (even the I5 has 6 real cores). This with a good functional Z370 board.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Downloading games is 95% based on the download speed of your internet connection, unless you are trying to download to a SATA 2.0 5400 RPM HDD you won't see a difference. It is common for motherboards to share connection lanes i.e. a M.2 slot will share bandwidth with some SATA ports. What this means is that if you populate one of those slots the other won't function as it will not have enough bandwidth, so you will simply have to use a different SATA port. Your motherboard manual will tell you where to plug in SATA drives based on where you have your M.2 drive and graphics card.

14 minutes ago, Howitz said:

also, what the heck kind of budget is that. i don't know how you could end up with such a lame pc for that amount. 1600$ for a 1tb m.2 ssd? dafuq. you could get the whole computer for that amount.

i mean, look at some intelligent builds out there with the same components, you'll see how wrong you are.

you clearly don't know the way. you can have 3 computers of the same performance for the amount of money you put in this one. you'll have like 3k$ over after you're done. spending big is useless, just build a new one 2-3 years later for another 2k, because you know, stuff improves.

I'm 14 and I have no experience into this. 

This doesnt make much sense.... You spend 1.6k on a m.2 that will barely affect game performance/download, or enough to the point where its worth $1300 more. You say this is for video editing and gaming, yet you get a TN panel (bad color accuracy) which is only 1080p, INCREDIBLY underkill for a 1080ti, which is super overpriced right now. Also if you're video editing why the older gen CPU?

I really feel this is a troll post seeing by your profile picture and that you're 14 and have $5k to spend on a PC...

Nonetheless, here's a better build.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/wDYtxY

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

1 minute ago, dankteh said:

What monitor should I get then? 

That....is a horrible build.

• Why are you using a 2 generation old CPU?
  • Why are you using such an expensive SSD?
  • You don't need a PSU with that much power.
  • You likely don't need 32GB of RAM.

As for your question, you can't get around the ports being disabled. That will happen when you populate the m.2. It doesn't really matter though, seeing as you only have one other drive. I'd do something like this instead of your build.

This is cheaper, and better.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($457.25 @ shopRBC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($192.99 @ PC-Canada)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($318.99 @ PC-Canada)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($248.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($319.99 @ PC-Canada)
Storage: Hitachi - Deskstar NAS 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($149.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card  ($1024.99 @ Memory Express)
Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($168.15 @ shopRBC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($116.95 @ Vuugo)
Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($827.99 @ PC-Canada)
Total: $3921.27

12 minutes ago, Howitz said:

you clearly don't know the way

You clearly don't know the way to help, either. Instead of just pointing out what's wrong, maybe offer some suggestions instead of just posting pointless videos ;)

7 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

This doesnt make much sense.... You spend 1.6k on a m.2 that will barely affect game performance/download, or enough to the point where its worth $1300 more. You say this is for video editing and gaming, yet you get a TN panel (bad color accuracy) which is only 1080p, INCREDIBLY underkill for a 1080ti, which is super overpriced right now. Also if you're video editing why the older gen CPU?

I really feel this is a troll post seeing by your profile picture and that you're 14 and have $5k to spend on a PC...

Nonetheless, here's a better build.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/wDYtxY

It's 240hz. A 1080Ti would likely have a hard time running most games even close to that. It doesn't always come down to resolution.

Tons of people edit on monitors that aren't that color accurate. He's clearly not doing it professionally, so he doesn't need a super color accurate monitor.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

here is a much better build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TxpJzM

Main PC (The Silencer): CPU - i5 8400 | Cooler - Noctua ND-D15 | Motherboard - Asus tuf Z370 Plus Gaming | Memory - Team Dark 16GB DDR4 2400MHz | Graphics card - Nvidia 750 ti | Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB, WD Blue 2TB | Case - Fractal Design Define R6 | PSU - Evga Supernova 650W 80+ Platinum

IMO it's all over the place but it's not a bad build if you already have a few of the parts or something.

Just now, dizmo said:

You clearly don't know the way to help, either. Instead of just pointing out what's wrong, maybe offer some suggestions instead of just posting pointless videos ;)

It's 240hz. A 1080Ti would likely have a hard time running most games even close to that. It doesn't always come down to resolution.

Tons of people edit on monitors that aren't that color accurate. He's clearly not doing it professionally, so he doesn't need a super color accurate monitor.

You have a point, but still I doubt its worth the extra $400 for a barely noticeable difference.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

you want a 2k 144hz ips monitor, that'd be the best for the build

Main PC (The Silencer): CPU - i5 8400 | Cooler - Noctua ND-D15 | Motherboard - Asus tuf Z370 Plus Gaming | Memory - Team Dark 16GB DDR4 2400MHz | Graphics card - Nvidia 750 ti | Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB, WD Blue 2TB | Case - Fractal Design Define R6 | PSU - Evga Supernova 650W 80+ Platinum

5 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

You have a point, but still I doubt its worth the extra $400 for a barely noticeable difference.

Personally I'd spend the extra money for the >60hz panel and GSync. Each to their own.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Personally I'd spend the extra money for the >60hz panel and GSync. Each to their own.

ty so much for spending your time helping me. I was getting the 6700k because I thought Ghz was the way to go imma get the i7 8700k 

19 minutes ago, dankteh said:

ty so much for spending your time helping me. I was getting the 6700k because I thought Ghz was the way to go imma get the i7 8700k 

good choice, make sure you change that ssd, all you will need is something like a 960 evo, that one was way too much, you really should watch some youtubers on computer building before you start posting on these forums cause you're gonna get slammed

2 minutes ago, Zeta_Demon said:

good choice, make sure you change that ssd, all you will need is something like a 960 evo, that one was way too much, you really should watch some youtubers on computer building before you start posting on these forums cause you're gonna get slammed

I did get slammed that's for sure. But I am learning so yeah

3 minutes ago, Zeta_Demon said:

so the 1.6 thousand M.2 SSD isn't worth it because I'm prolly gonna get 300GB of download speed when I get this pc

4 minutes ago, Zeta_Demon said:

I kinda got some of these stuff from shroud's Info page on twitch.

when I was 14 the highest tech I had was a rock with a smiley painted on it

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

when I was 14 the highest tech I had was a rock with a smiley painted on it

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

55 minutes ago, dankteh said:

do some research before you start your build

9 minutes ago, dankteh said:

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/ should I get this monitor

oh and btw it makes me go over budget by alot

dont, its not worth paying that much, look at a 27" 2560X1440 144hz monitor, that'll be the best for your needs

16 minutes ago, dankteh said:

so the 1.6 thousand M.2 SSD isn't worth it because I'm prolly gonna get 300GB of download speed when I get this pc

where do you live to get that speed, your download speed is based on your router and what your isp provides your, your computer is very rarely slowing down your internet connection