Going high end...I need a low-profile AGP card!

aisle9

High rollin' up in here.

Here's the long and short of it: I overpaid for a SFF Optiplex GX270 yesterday. I'm totally cool with that, because I got a big 'ol Dimension 5100 to part out that's going to pay for the Optiplex. The goal was to have the GX270 become a low profile monitor stand/old school gaming rig, replacing the Micro ATX setup I'm using now.

Here's what I didn't consider: the GX270 has an AGP slot and a PCI slot. I have and am currently using a PCI GeForce 210, and it's doing everything I ask of it. Problem is that the PCI slot is so close to the PSU that the 210's dual-slot passive cooler won't fit. That leaves me with AGP but, d'oh, I sold my low profile FX 5200 AGP a few weeks back after installing the 210.

So what I need now is a low-profile AGP card about on par with or a little better than the GeForce 210, and all I'm seeing on eBay are people who think their MX 200 is worth its weight in unobtanium. Any thoughts on good candidates for the job and places to find them?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

a 210 is quite fast in comparison to the AGP era.. the last "good" AGP cards nvidia made are the 7900GT/GS (i don't know if that's true, found it using google).

but anyway that's way slower than a 210, according to this: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-7900-GT-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-210/m17220vsm7740

She/Her

get the HD3450, Geforce 6200 or similar

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB