If you had to pick a music genre what is it

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That's two genres.

Welp the OP didnt mentioned i had to pick one genre : p

But if i had to pick one then its japanese pop at least they dont dance like korean.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, Hiya! said:

Welp the OP didnt mentioned i had to pick one genre : p

But if i had to pick one then its japanese pop at least they dont dance like korean.

A music genre means one music genre.

And Pop isn't really a genre, it denotes whether the music is considered popular or not. Most pop is Electronica derivative, just like EDM.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

A music genre means one music genre.

And Pop isn't really a genre, it denotes whether the music is considered popular or not. Most pop is Electronica derivative, just like EDM.

Well in that case i cant choose -__-

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, Hiya! said:

Well in that case i cant choose -__-

Well, Rock is a fairly extensive genre, and can borrow aspects from literally every other genre out there.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I find it interesting that what is often portrayed as popular on TV, radio, and found in public, etc. is almost not mentioned here at all.  I wonder if there is a strong correlation between being a PC enthusiast and not liking whatever the latest new popular song is like it seems most do, and if that correlation, if it exists, is just a coincidence, or if there's something to it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, glimmingdjghost said:

it's not one genre for the rest of your life you can have more if you wanted

Hmm that's interesting i'll say based on that Bachata remixes

Bachata is Latin music for those unaware

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I find it interesting that what is often portrayed as popular on TV, radio, and found in public, etc. is almost not mentioned here at all.  I wonder if there is a strong correlation between being a PC enthusiast and not liking whatever the latest new popular song is like it seems most do, and if that correlation, if it exists, is just a coincidence, or if there's something to it.

We're not a bunch of prepubescent twits.

There's your correlation.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

10 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

So Country Rock is okay then? In that respect, you are choosing 2 genres. 

By Country Rock are you talking about

Southern Rock, Arena/Stadium Country, Rockabilly, Folk Rock, Electric Bluegrass, Cowpunk, or Heartland Rock?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I guess I'll be mu usual stereotype and just say metal. 

On 23/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

There are probably a few reasons for this:

Firstly, the popularity of music is often rather relative to your location, while other media like TV or movies aren't. 

While everyone from a kid in northern Finland to an elderly woman in Buenos Aires can enjoy the latest Hollywood movies in their local theaters, those two would probably not have the same songs playing on the radio. 

So while pop culture as a whole might present an image of what is popular, that image tends to be very centered around American pop culture, meaning that the music contained therein will be the stuff that's popular in America. 

So this forum (being as international as it is) will give a much wider scope on music than, say, movies. 

For example, let's compare the French and the American singles top 10:

French top 10
Capture2.thumb.PNG.aa9ae05247348a714f9f808032868cc7.PNG

American top 10:
Capture3.thumb.PNG.18612354c2ee5cbe495e27777baf2b27.PNG

So while there's certainly some American influences to be found they're not as big as one might think or one might be lead to believe by TV and movies.

Secondly, Nielsen and Billboard has always been about 5 years behind on how they count sales and plays. 

For example, it's not untill fairly recently that Billboard began counting streams on Pandora, which actually lead to a pretty significant shakeup of the charts (especially in the lower half), simply due to the demographic that uses Pandora. 

And whenever Nielsen and Billboard has caught up with the times it tends to go really wrong. 

When they began counting streaming they actually counted streams on Vine (which was 5 seconds) the same as a full song stream on Spotify or YouTube. 

Leading to stuff like Nasty Freestyle becoming a top 10 hit.

Lastly, and this is a long running problem. what is being portrayed as popular might not actually be popular. 

It's not secret that most corporate radio stations (at least in America) won't play music that they aren't getting payed to play. It's not uncommon for record labels to drop around $250.000/year just to get various radio stations to play a single, hoping it'll translate into sales. 

That means a lot of artists that might be popular on YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud or even actual sales will never be popular on the radio, and in the grand scheme chart success radio play just counts for more than a Spotify stream.

Edit: There's of course also the whole notion that it's uncool to be like everyone else, leading to people often giving left field answers to questions like these.

It's pretty much the same as with movies. A lot of people would gladly admit that their favorite movie is 2001: A Space Odyssey, while few people would admit to Waterboy being their favorite.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Post-Hardcore. Because of youthful angst.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

swing:P I'm way to oldschool

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Doom/stoner rock

Storm Enforcer 2.0

CPU: I7 Intel 8700k / GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ / Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-H Gaming / Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200/ Storage: Samsung 850 EVO - 120GB + WD Blue 1TB / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650w G3 / Cooling:  Noctua NH‑D15S / Case: Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced

Give me Eurobeat and either a BRZ or 86 and I'm set.

Other than that the only other one Id choose would be Metal.

9 hours ago, Prqnk3d said:

really just EDM as a whole but i found a few nice "dubstep" songs recently that i enjoy

Link a few because there's a chance it's either brostep or riddim.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

13 minutes ago, Prqnk3d said:

Ok yeah definitely dubstep/electro/whatever the mix of genres is. Electro house maybe. But mostly dubstep.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I wouldn't want to, but metal hands down. The largest variation in any genre that I know of.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

Actually my favorite genre is:

Works of music composed from hippopotamus flatulence.

Linus is my fetish.