CyberPowerPC, HP, or Dell?

JennyMendez
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I'd say build it yourself, but the RX580 right now costs as much as that entire CyberpowerPC... sad times.

I found 3 computers on Amazon. An HP omen which to me seems to have good specs, a Dell Inspiron, and a cyber power pc. I added the links to these computers below. I was asking, which of these would perform the best. I first was going to get the HP Omen until I discovered the Dell Inspiron. Then I found out about CyberPowerPC. I looked at the reviews and it seemed pretty good. My friend owns a CyberPowerPC and he says it works fine. When I went on youtube, I found out that a lot of people did not recommend it. I wanted to ask if CyberPowerPC is good and which one of these 3 computers is most worth it.

CyberPowerPC- https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXIVR8020A4-Desktop-i5-7400-7200RPM/dp/B0747W15QL/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1516250069&sr=1-1&keywords=cyberpowerpc

Dell Inspiron- https://www.amazon.com/Dell-i5675-A933BLU-PUS-Inspiron-Processor-Graphics/dp/B071ZZF7FY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1516248615&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell%2BInspiron%2B5675&th=1

HP Omen- https://www.amazon.com/HP-Gaming-Desktop-GeForce-Capable/dp/B072NC85LX/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B072NC85LX&pd_rd_r=Y2GN7ZHX8S8C9SCHCDKJ&pd_rd_w=mD1nT&pd_rd_wg=PdR2F&psc=1&refRID=Y2GN7ZHX8S8C9SCHCDKJ

I'd say build it yourself, but the RX580 right now costs as much as that entire CyberpowerPC... sad times.

Wrong place for this (Probably general discussion or pre-builts).... BUT, have you thought of building one yourself? (Everyone will say this). You have the possibility of cheaper prices, you get to customize it to your needs, and you get to have the satisfaction of having built something yourself. 

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

CyberPowerPC uses pretty s*** PSUs, worse than Dell probably. HP probably will use a proprietery motherboard, so I say Dell.

You may be able do build for less, but IDK with the current market.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Wrong place for this (Probably general discussion).... BUT, have you thought of building one yourself? (Everyone will say this). You have the possibility of cheaper prices, you get to customize it to your needs, and you get to have the satisfaction of having built something yourself.

Oh sorry, I couldn't find the right place to post this so I thought it would be fine under reviews. I may try to build one myself. I have seen a few tutorials online so I can try to follow those. Thank You!

1 minute ago, JennyMendez said:

Oh sorry, I couldn't find the right place to post this so I thought it would be fine under reviews. I may try to build one myself. I have seen a few tutorials online so I can try to follow those. Thank You!

Building a PC isnt the hardest thing in the world after you've watched a couple pc build tutorials and guides. The only thing is that the market is not the best like other people have said so getting a prebuilt might also be cost effective depending on if you can get a sale or something. Also, mod will probably move it eventually so I think you are fine. 

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

Just now, Bigbootyjudy said:

Building a PC isnt the hardest thing in the world after you've watched a couple pc build tutorials and guides. The only thing is that the market is not the best like other people have said so getting a prebuilt might also be cost effective depending on if you can get a sale or something. Also, mod will probably move it eventually so I think you are fine. 

Ok, thank you!

1 minute ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Thats a bit of an understatement there...

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 minutes ago, JDE said:

CyberPowerPC uses pretty s*** PSUs, worse than Dell probably. HP probably will use a proprietery motherboard, so I say Dell.

You may be able do build for less, but IDK with the current market.

I would choose Dell over the CyberPower but the Cyber Power has a RX580 while the Dell has the RX570. Is there a huge difference because on Dell, if I were to choose RX580, the price is almost $1000. And if the PSU is bad on CyberPower, is there a way I could change it?

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Not a tech news thread 

Yes I know, I chose the wrong thread. I thought it would fit because it said reviews. Is there a way to change it?

Yes I know, I chose the wrong thread. I thought it would fit because it said reviews. Is there a way to change it?

Here you go. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Here you go. 

Ok, thank you. I haven't seen this before and I'm glad you showed me.

8 minutes ago, JennyMendez said:

I would choose Dell over the CyberPower but the Cyber Power has a RX580 while the Dell has the RX570. Is there a huge difference because on Dell, if I were to choose RX580, the price is almost $1000. And if the PSU is bad on CyberPower, is there a way I could change it?

yes they let you customize everything about the PC on cyperpower

go for a tier 3 or higher on the PSU tier list linked in sig

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

yes they let you customize everything about the PC on cyperpower

go for a tier 3 or higher on the PSU tier list linked in sig

Ok, thank you for the help!

CX450 seems like a pretty good choice.

also, what CPU are you getting? Ryzen 1400 is totally enough BTW. (also, get a cheaper cooler. the AMD Wraith Max is really good and the cheapest on their site)

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, JennyMendez said:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

CX450 seems like a pretty good choice.

also, what CPU are you getting? Ryzen 1400 is totally enough BTW. (also, get a cheaper cooler. the AMD Wraith Max is really good and the cheapest on their site)

Oh, just realized you linked to amazon.

in that case, you can't actually change it. :(

but you can buy an aftermarket PSU for $45 and that's it.

Desktop:

Laptop:

26 minutes ago, JennyMendez said:

You can change it, here's a nice PSU for cheap that I can recommend.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na

Or if you can spend a bit more, you could get this better one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Qb8j4D/seasonic-focus-gold-450w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-450fm

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

14 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Oh, just realized you linked to amazon.

in that case, you can't actually change it. :(

but you can buy an aftermarket PSU for $45 and that's it.

Ok, I'll probably buy one for $45

Ok, I'll probably buy one for $45

3 minutes ago, JDE said:

You can change it, here's a nice PSU for cheap that I can recommend.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na

Or if you can spend a bit more, you could get this better one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Qb8j4D/seasonic-focus-gold-450w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-450fm

There's a website that compares prices over many trusted computer stores, by the way.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, JDE said:

There's a website that compares prices over many trusted computer stores, by the way.

Wow, I just visited the website you linked, the PC Part Picker. That is very helpful. Can I compare the prices using this website?

Just now, JennyMendez said:

Wow, I just visited the website you linked, the PC Part Picker. That is very helpful. Can I compare the prices using this website?

Yes you can. If you want to build your own system it will even total costs and check part compatibility while also comparing costs for different components from different sellers. You can also brows systems that other people have built.

Just now, Bigbootyjudy said:

Yes you can. If you want to build your own system it will even total costs and check part compatibility while also comparing costs for different components from different sellers. You can also brows systems that other people have built.

Ok, that is extremely helpful to me, thank you.

So, I know everyone is going to say build your own PC.  Yes at times it may be cheaper.  But look at the current situation of getting a graphics cards.  With Dell from my experience, you can get an additional warranty for 3 years for an extra $150, which is next day support for everything.  

Even with their refurbished items on their store.  Look at this mode:

yes, it's refurbished but still comes with a 1 Year warranty from Dell, also you can add the Pro Support for next day warranty repairs at your home which right now 2 year extra next day warranty is $49 additional.  Comes with a Ryzen 7 1700X liquid cooling, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a RX580 8GB for under a $1000

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ArbOnlineSales/Online/SecondaryInventorySearch.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&sign=PXhcOSHtr1T4IOw%2fPR7UdeHHT1Eh7c8JSXIAQ73rwbX%2flZsq2HrIj9a0rxL5mG%2bbnLIShjgxm6ClEzCovFVNJt4RTHr5GKAxLFV%2fyhrWxP%2bncUeNAyV0rFy8OfPH7Cb5yfBdkdmOnbdHncbYAo25%2bvzjQTmOr8vCfu%2bu8KJXSkUai7I7amHJTVLPE6zXnyBU

Sadly can't beat these prices since the way cryptocurrency has driven GPU prices up. 

Green Snek - Razer Blade 2017 - i7-7700HQ - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 512GB Samsung PM951 SSD- Dell WD15 Dock for Home Use- 27" Samsung Curved Monitor