AMD Mini ITX Builds

DrDerp

Just wanted to discuss the exciting possibilities of the new AMD APU chips in a Mini ITX Form Factor. Think of how small you can have a case whilst still having decent graphics now! When PC part pricing goes down (primarily RAM and SSDs since you don't really need a graphics card) it will also be a great price performance. I honestly would want to build one but NAND is in short supply at the moment. What do you guys think?

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

5 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Just wanted to discuss the exciting possibilities of the new AMD APU chips in a Mini ITX Form Factor. Think of how small you can have a case whilst still having decent graphics now! When PC part pricing goes down (primarily RAM and SSDs since you don't really need a graphics card) it will also be a great price performance. I honestly would want to build one but NAND is in short supply at the moment. What do you guys think?

just wait till 2048 when we all have flashdrives featuring the power of 4 gtx 1080s and the most expensive CPU you can think of, plus 240gb DDR9,000 ram and 8 petabytes of storage; all for the low low price of 800$!

32 minutes ago, Genericplane said:

just wait till 2048 when we all have flashdrives featuring the power of 4 gtx 1080s and the most expensive CPU you can think of, plus 240gb DDR9,000 ram and 8 petabytes of storage; all for the low low price of 800$!

I shall think on this!

Also DDR9000? Seems a little, uh, high?

Also isn’t the AI Takeover beginning in 2029? /S

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

From what I could gather, it looks like the APUs will have up to 12CUs, which would put it between the RX 550 and 560. I mean, it'll be better than what Intel can offer sans Kaby Lake G, but I'm not expecting anything more than being able to push eSports games past 100 FPS on the lowest settings.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

From what I could gather, it looks like the APUs will have up to 12CUs, which would put it between the RX 550 and 560. I mean, it'll be better than what Intel can offer sans Kaby Lake G, but I'm not expecting anything more than being able to push eSports games past 100 FPS on the lowest settings.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/kaby-lake-g-unveiled-intel-cpu-amd-gpu-nvidia-beating-performance/

I don't know, kaby lake G looks pretty good.

I still felt disappointed in the AMD slideshows because of the settings in small writing.

Maybe next time, I guess?

Well here I am with a 5 giggawiggles 8700k and OCed GTX 1080 Ti in a mini ITX case. Seems to be about the most power you can fit in one.

Linus is my fetish.

I have a Ryzen based ITX machine (specs in signature), but I think you mean something like this but with decent graphics:

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

Im hoping for a Intel nuc style pc from AMD or its partners. Having the option to go AMD instead of intel would be nice and may encourage compitition in that market as a lot of people dont need a full size dektop and the small Nuc`s are quite neat in a lot of enviroments. i dont know how AMD would go about cooling the cpu, but im expecting a single fan heatsink with a smal slot for a ramstick or two and a m.2 slot. would expect the heatsink to take up as much room as possible.

The ryzen 5 2400G at around 3 ghz would go quite nicely and i dont think it will overwhelm a good heatsink. 

4 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Im hoping for a Intel nuc style pc from AMD or its partners. Having the option to go AMD instead of intel would be nice and may encourage compitition in that market as a lot of people dont need a full size dektop and the small Nuc`s are quite neat in a lot of enviroments. i dont know how AMD would go about cooling the cpu, but im expecting a single fan heatsink with a smal slot for a ramstick or two and a m.2 slot. would expect the heatsink to take up as much room as possible.

The ryzen 5 2400G at around 3 ghz would go quite nicely and i dont think it will overwhelm a good heatsink. 

Zotac is already on it. Pricing will most likely be high though.

43 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Zotac is already on it. Pricing will most likely be high though.

If AMD does something int eh style of the limited edition Vega 64. That brushed aluminum with the Vega logo looks lovely. Will be nice to see what other vendors come up with