My 8700k is too hot ?

hi, im really worried about my cpu, ill try to explain it as detail as i can, so i havee i7-8700k with corsair h100i v2 in idle it runs quite hot with temps around 33c-35c and with around ~28c of my room temps, when i play games like pubg, gtav it could go as high as 83-90c, i was considering that my cpu could be "throttling" ?, my friend said cpu throttling is when you tried to overclock it then you failed and sorta fucked up the cpu ? cant really remember.... with that being said your cpu is easily to get really hot but i never touched/done any overclock. or i was thinking aswell that my case doesnt really have "intakes hole i would say" since i have inwin 303 and its just like a plain black box with a small gaps or holes for intakes. and i ran a 7 seconds of stress test but then my temp reached to 93c so i stopped it, is this normal ? pleasehelp me to solve this out guys :) specs down below if it helps, sorry with the bad grammar ya know... :) 

PIC 1 : is the pic of me doing a 7 secs of stress test and it went 93c so i stopped it

PIC 2 : currently running pubg on the background but as u can see it went to 90c once, and tthe thing is is this normal ? since ivee read that coffelakes are pretty hot aswell ?

Specs :

- CPU : i7-8700k (at normal speed 3.7GHZ)

- MOBO : ASUS Z370-F

- GPU : Asus GTX 1080 OC

- RAM : 16GB (8GBx2) Corsair vengeance red led

- AIO : Corsair H100i V2

- Case : InWin 303

- Fans : 7xCorsair LL120

- PSU : Corsair RM850i

- HDD/SSD : theres no way you need this type of information right ?

Thanks in advanceimageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (27).png

At almost 1.5V you are asking to kill your CPU... tone that down quite a bit!

The h100i v2 is not enough for the i7 8700k without a delid

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

look for LLC in bios and turn it down, also make sure the rad is mounted on the top part of the 303

90 seems pretty toasty, is the cooler mounted properly? What if you set your fans to max speed?

Throttling just means that the CPU slows down because it's getting too hot, not that it's damaged or something.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

even without oc?

woah, that voltage is way too high. probably some auto overclocking feature set that, so disable that in the BIOS

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

while its not a great cooler, shouldent it be just fine at stock? like its a 95W chip

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

At almost 1.5V you are asking to kill your CPU... tone that down quite a bit!

how do i do that ?

Just now, ImNotThere said:

even without oc?

Highly depends on case, air flow and so on, 240mm AiO are not exactly all that much better than a decent Air Cooler, people has this believe that water always superior than air but ain't all that right... the i7 8700k is very hot, 280mm or higher end air cooler is needed if you won't be delidding.... that old story don't cheap on cooling if you'll get the top end CPU.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

what do u mean by delid ?

4 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

look for LLC in bios and turn it down, also make sure the rad is mounted on the top part of the 303

LLC ? whats that stand for ? and yes my rad is on top thanks

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

while its not a great cooler, shouldent it be just fine at stock? like its a 95W chip

You know that the bad TIM decreases this not so great cooler efficiency even further... just search here on the forum, this is far from the first thread about a h100i v2 not performing optimally with a non-delid 8700k

All more reason why I didn't bother and went with the locked 8700 so the decrease on TDP makes taming the temps much easier that even the 212X managed it.

Personal Desktop":

I recall from the launch issues that some z370 boards shipped with "multi Core Enhancement", which effectively overclocked all 6 cores, leading to some really impressive benchmar numbers.
If this is active on yours then this could explain the high heat, even though you say you haven't OC'd 

5 minutes ago, tikker said:

90 seems pretty toasty, is the cooler mounted properly? What if you set your fans to max speed?

Throttling just means that the CPU slows down because it's getting too hot, not that it's damaged or something.

ok... so yes cooler is mounted properly i changed itt today while i wsa sorta think changing thermal paste will change a bit of it

1 minute ago, DimasAbiyogaM28 said:

LLC ? whats that stand for ? and yes my rad is on top thanks

Load Line Calibration, it increases voltage to make the max turbo happen simply

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

woah, that voltage is way too high. probably some auto overclocking feature set that, so disable that in the BIOS

been reading probably yea its called like auto enchantment

Just now, Hugsy Malone said:

Being specifically only Asus motherboards did it, since OP has an Asus motherboard indeed there is great chances his MCE is active, he should go on BIOS and disable it... decreasing the all core turbo from 4.7ghz to 4.3ghz should decrease the voltages and control the temps better.

Personal Desktop":

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

You know that the bad TIM decreases this not so great cooler efficiency even further... just search here on the forum, this is far from the first thread about a h100i v2 not performing optimally with a non-delid 8700k

All more reason why I didn't bother and went with the locked 8700 so the decrease on TDP makes taming the temps much easier that even the 212X managed it.

i mean i have my old 212x do u reckon i should try em ?

8700K uses the HCC paste unlike the 7700Ks toothpaste though? like its not great but its better, id think it would be fine. but i guess that cooler is hardly new either so maybe its even worse than i im thinking

Builds:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DimasAbiyogaM28 said:

how do i do that ?

Do this first and see if that helps

Being specifically only Asus motherboards did it, since OP has an Asus motherboard indeed there is great chances his MCE is active, he should go on BIOS and disable it... decreasing the all core turbo from 4.7ghz to 4.3ghz should decrease the voltages and control the temps better.

yeah i was thinking about that, i watched kyle's (bitwit) cideo on the "Reviewers Caught Cheating"

3 minutes ago, Hugsy Malone said:

I recall from the launch issues that some z370 boards shipped with "multi Core Enhancement", which effectively overclocked all 6 cores, leading to some really impressive benchmar numbers.
If this is active on yours then this could explain the high heat, even though you say you haven't OC'd 

yes tthank you

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

8700K uses the HCC paste unlike the 7700Ks toothpaste though? like its not great but its better, id think it would be fine. but i guess that cooler is hardly new either so maybe its even worse than i im thinking

From my findings, it did help plenty with the locked processors, it wasn't hard throttle the i7 7700 using stock cooler on a bad case... so the new paste certainly made locked 65w TDP cooler to where the shitty stock cooler suffices again... but if you have the i7 8700k with MCE on then the increase in thermal performance is still negligible.

Personal Desktop":

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Do this first and see if that helps

so i have to do some diy sortta thing -_-