4GB ram and GT 1030 or 8gb with iGPU 630

simple115

Hello i'll order new pc today but i have very tight budget. I have a choice between configurations:

1) 4GB ram ddr4 2133mhz, gt 1030, g4560

2)8 GB ram ddr4 2133mhz(dualchannel), igpu 630 and g4600. Also with first choice i need to choose cheaper case.

What should i go for? I have no idea. is 4 gb ram so bad?

a new PC build needs minimum of 8GB

4GB is barely enough even for office work

Many of my users complain of slowdown with multiple excels and Chrome opened

and guess what

they are maxing out their 4GB RAM

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

what the mob does the pc come with ? because you can always upgrade your parts later :)

Just now, Trevor87 said:

what the mob the pc's come with ? because you can always upgrade your parts later :)

I'll build it with Asrock h110m hdv r3.0 :) Also if im going to save money this'll be minimum 2 months.

1 minute ago, dragoon20005 said:

a new PC build needs minimum of 8GB

Many of my users complain of slowdown with multiple excels and Chrome opened

and guess what

they are maxing out their 4GB RAM

currently using chrome,word,excel, across and my ram usage is 3Gigs, I dont agree with your statement, however I would pick extra ram over GT1030 any day.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

currently using chrome,word,excel, across and my ram usage is 3Gigs, I dont agree with your statement, however I would pick extra ram over GT1030 any day.

I also picked g4600 for better igpu for that reason. I have a laptop that is with 8 gb ram but broke today. So gaming with 4gb is not going to be very good?

1 minute ago, Levent said:

at first i find it hard to believe as well but the number of excel tabs my users open is crazy and same goes for chrome.

10 to 20 tabs for each Excel and Chrome

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

11 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

It's plenty enough for every esports game, with something like discord or TS and a couple chrome tabs open, the LAN PC builds have all been 4GB and that's been enough for everything i have thrown at it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Well what you could do is maybe have look at I3 with 4 GB ram it a lot better combo.  

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

It's plenty enough for every esports game, with something like discord or TS and a couple chrome tabs open, the LAN PC builds have all been 4GB and that's been enough for everything i have thrown at it

Ah i don't know. I have seen that chrome is using so much ram and also in every gsme my ram peak is around 5 gb.

Just now, Trevor87 said:

Well what you could do is maybe have look at I3 with 4 GB ram it a lot better combo.  

i3 is so much expensive here. For that price i'll get ryzen 3 but i don't have that budget

5 minutes ago, Qucd said:

i3 is so much expensive here. For that price i'll get ryzen 3 but i don't have that budget

Okay I was just comparing pricing in country witch is also so very expensive. Then take extra ram     

6 minutes ago, Qucd said:

Ah i don't know. I have seen that chrome is using so much ram and also in every gsme my ram peak is around 5 gb.

then all the more to get at least 8GB RAM

your games will stutter like mad with just 4GB

4GB is enough for office work and some older games.

Depends on what you do really. As office work is a pretty broad term.

1 hour ago, Qucd said:

i said esports, i havent played a game like CS:GO or whatever thats put me at a RAM usage that hits the cap yet, and also i have been just fine with chrome if i stick to 5 tabs absolute max while running games, generally i close chrome when playing games. 4GB of RAM is less of a problem for games than an IGPU, the IGPU will hurt game performance than haveing 4GB of RAM

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The 1030 is garbage. It's a slightly weaker version of the GTX 750. Find something used. I just bought a 750 Ti for $50, and it's significantly better than a 1030.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Second option is much better.

Don't buy GT 1030 unless its used.. for $80 you can find much better stuff in used market, for example: GTX 770 or GTX 950. These are the usual stuff, but with good searching you can probably get GTX 780 or GTX 960(Just dont get 6 series or older cards).

*Edit: And to be honest, You can get a better deal out of buying everything used, For example I am pretty sure you can get i5 3570 PC with 8GB RAM for cheaper than G4600 combo and it will perform much better.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @3.3Ghz | Asus P5Q SE2 775 Socket | Asus Geforce 9600GT 1GB @700Mhz | 2x2GB DDR2 800MHZ RAM | 400w Codogen PSU | 310GB Seagate 7200.10