games with long campaigns?

aezakmi

Hi I'm looking for some games with long singleplayer campaigns or lots of quests/missions, I'm a sick fan of wolfenstein, doom and fallout so I've already played all of them, I was pretty dissapointed with Battlefield 1, it took me roughly 8 hours to beat it in Hard difficulty, same with CoD. I like open worlds, action, futuristic, post-apocalyptic and interesting stories, I've tried to play skyrim and dark souls but I'm really not into the type of fantasy both offer so I ended up uninstalling them, I also like games like Minecraft or Garry's mod that involve building and creation, please no multiplayer because I used to get mad af when someone on my team started trolling on purpose just to make me die so I've ditched that mode for good like 4 years ago

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Divinity Original Sin 2 : rated best of 2017 by some people, apparently very story rich, lots of choices and long single player : http://store.steampowered.com/app/435150/Divinity_Original_Sin_2/

Nier Automata has multiple endings and some which are only enabled at second game play and it's one of the best games of 2017 : http://store.steampowered.com/app/524220/NieRAutomata/

Fallout 3 the original and Fallout 3 : New Vegas  + DLCs, if you explore the whole map and the DLCs it can take you over 100 hours to finish. Fits your post apocalyptic fetish

Doki Doki Literature Club! if you don't mind the genre (visual novel, point to click etc) : http://store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/

Hollow Knight  (dungeon , metroidvania style / platformer, can be difficult) : http://store.steampowered.com/app/367520/Hollow_Knight/

Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the storm ... great games...

Transistor - may not be super long, but it's nice story and great sound track...  besides being great game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/237930/Transistor/

The classics like Neverwinter Nights can be long : https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

Heroes of Might and magic 3 and expansions, Heroes 4 is also OK-ish... if you're into that turn based stuff.

-

Persona 5 if you have PS 4 ...

The Mass Effect series, just steer clear of Andromeda. Great story-driven, sci-fi games.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Ghost Recon Wildlands, if you do everything.

Took me 125 hours.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

techincally you can play borderlands 2 forever since the difficulty gets harder and harder the more you progress and restart 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

53 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Hi I'm looking for some games with long singleplayer campaigns or lots of quests/missions, I'm a sick fan of wolfenstein, doom and fallout so I've already played all of them, I was pretty dissapointed with Battlefield 1, it took me roughly 8 hours to beat it in Hard difficulty, same with CoD. I like open worlds, action, futuristic, post-apocalyptic and interesting stories, I've tried to play skyrim and dark souls but I'm really not into the type of fantasy both offer so I ended up uninstalling them, I also like games like Minecraft or Garry's mod that involve building and creation, please no multiplayer because I used to get mad af when someone on my team started trolling on purpose just to make me die so I've ditched that mode for good like 4 years ago

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

Witcher 3 + Hearts of Stone + Blood and Wine

1 hour ago, Beowulff83 said:

The games are a few years old but the Metro series was pretty good.  The new Metro game is slated to be released this year as well.

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

Kings Quest series was fun!

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Divinity Original Sin 2 : rated best of 2017 by some people, apparently very story rich, lots of choices and long single player : http://store.steampowered.com/app/435150/Divinity_Original_Sin_2/

Nier Automata has multiple endings and some which are only enabled at second game play and it's one of the best games of 2017 : http://store.steampowered.com/app/524220/NieRAutomata/

Fallout 3 the original and Fallout 3 : New Vegas  + DLCs, if you explore the whole map and the DLCs it can take you over 100 hours to finish. Fits your post apocalyptic fetish

Doki Doki Literature Club! if you don't mind the genre (visual novel, point to click etc) : http://store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/

Hollow Knight  (dungeon , metroidvania style / platformer, can be difficult) : http://store.steampowered.com/app/367520/Hollow_Knight/

Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the storm ... great games...

Transistor - may not be super long, but it's nice story and great sound track...  besides being great game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/237930/Transistor/

The classics like Neverwinter Nights can be long : https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

Heroes of Might and magic 3 and expansions, Heroes 4 is also OK-ish... if you're into that turn based stuff.

-

Persona 5 if you have PS 4 ...

1 hour ago, bleedblue said:

The Mass Effect series, just steer clear of Andromeda. Great story-driven, sci-fi games.

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

Ghost Recon Wildlands, if you do everything.

Took me 125 hours.

50 minutes ago, mok said:

techincally you can play borderlands 2 forever since the difficulty gets harder and harder the more you progress and restart 

50 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Destiny 2

Great, thanks! looks like I'll also need a new hard drive to install them all as I only have a few gigs available, I already played Metro and I'm currently waiting for Exodus, the trailer looked awesome, I was just playing F:NV with a new character, played it for 515 hours already so I guess I kinda like it, wish F4 was like that one but I like both, F3 is around my place somewhere as it's physical

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Remember Me is a load of fun with a good story (imo). Essentially, it's based in future Paris where memories are stored by a large corporation called Memorize. You play as Nilin, a memory hunter who can remix other people's memories to influence them.

it's probably in my top 10 games, and it's around 10 dollars on Steam

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 1 and 2 were good if you don't mind old games and having to mod them. Forget my time for 1 but I was at 50 hours for 2 after doing everything

Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mankind Divided. Revolution was good but the boss fights were bad. Never tried Mankind Divided but it's similar and newer

Darksiders series. New one coming up sometime too. Here's your literal post-apocalypse :P

Keep in mind that for old games like Kotor 1 & 2 or the Darksiders series all you have to do it wait for a sale and get them for 50%-75% off to save some cash

14 hours ago, Paranoid Kami said:

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 1 and 2 were good if you don't mind old games and having to mod them. Forget my time for 1 but I was at 50 hours for 2 after doing everything

Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mankind Divided. Revolution was good but the boss fights were bad. Never tried Mankind Divided but it's similar and newer

Darksiders series. New one coming up sometime too. Here's your literal post-apocalypse :P

Keep in mind that for old games like Kotor 1 & 2 or the Darksiders series all you have to do it wait for a sale and get them for 50%-75% off to save some cash

Mankind Divided was good imo, mostly a stealth game where u have to use cloak mode to avoid or knock enemies, infiltrate places and hack stuff like doors or computers to get information about your mission, and there are no boss fights except for some big guys on mech suits that are optional to kill if you have plenty of ammo, grenades and mines

Darksiders looks good I'll try to get it on Steam or any store thx

Borderlands 2

Dragon age Inquisition

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

On 15/01/2018 at 8:44 PM, CyberFern0 said:

Destiny 2

Terrrrible single player

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Check out the trailer for the new metro game as well as anthem and far cry 5, three of my big picks for 2018 (not out yet OFC)

The YouTube channel gameranx just did a fantastic top rpgs of 2018 video I think you'll appreciate.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Uuuuuuuuuugghhhh R.I.P. mobile... the lack of snippingggggg QUOTES!!

try Stalker. It is beatable but there’re mods to make it an endless single player rpg experience. Very difficult series. Play them in order. 

Shadow of chernobyl

clear sky

call of Pripyat. 

You could also try out world of Warcraft. It’s free to level 20, and you can keep your character. It’s a long game. Especially if you play on a vanilla private server. Really difficult then. 

You don’t seem to be interested in multiplayer but 

escape from Tarkov is very popular. I don’t have it cuz I’m scared it’s another front for the Russian government. 

I will say a game i really enjoyed is the entire metal gear series. The newest one metal gear solid phantom pain is really really good but you cant beat the classics like the original metal gear solid.

On 15/01/2018 at 10:12 PM, mariushm said:

snip

Gotta back Divinity Original Sin 2, AMAZING game, mind blowing. The problem is that its hard to learn and not for everyone

The Life is Strange games are also must plays, but they are really short. More like a interactive work of art than a game. The problem is you will feel the void of existence crawling in after playing.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

9 minutes ago, Taja said:

Gotta back Divinity Original Sin 2, AMAZING game, mind blowing. The problem is that its hard to learn and not for everyone

The Life is Strange games are also must plays, but they are really short. More like a interactive work of art than a game. The problem is you will feel the void of existence crawling in after playing.

Played the first LiS and it was like "that's it?" I mean the big Dexter reference was ok but no matter what you did the ending was the same, Chloe's death is inevitable, even if you destroy everything she'll likely die at some point in the near future, oh well

And I'll try to get Divinity Original Sin 2, I'm playing Wasteland 2 in the meantime

36 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Played the first LiS and it was like "that's it?" I mean the big Dexter reference was ok but no matter what you did the ending was the same, Chloe's death is inevitable, even if you destroy everything she'll likely die at some point in the near future, oh well

And I'll try to get Divinity Original Sin 2, I'm playing Wasteland 2 in the meantime

Man, spoilers (ok thats and old game, its fine).

But I disagree, the ending is less relevant than the path (not only in the game but also in life :p) - and you cant assume what happens after the game ends, tough I agree that the only "real" choice is to let her die (I mean, you would let an entire town die for the CHANCE of her to live? Her mother died too ffs). Aaanyway, the game is amazing, the feels man... The prequel is also good but way simpler, and a bit anticlimatic.

As for Divinity, this game is so incredible. Amazing writing, endless possibilities, HUGE amount of content... The only (possible) downside is the style, because not everyone will like or even be willing to learn everything.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.