Android infrared app

lufihengr

So I'm trying to make an app to control our satellite box through the built in IR emitter in a Note 2014.

Is there source code for a ready made app that I could just add the correct signal to send? 

Thanks!

Edit: I tried the IR-droid app, but it was crap, so that is not on the list of code that I can use :P

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Only KitKat supports IR blasters natively so to have that working in your app without using some other SDK library you will need to target your app for API 19. 

You will be able to use the ConsumerIrManager by grabbing it from the getSystemService() querying for CONSUMER_IR_SERVICE.

How you exactly will emulate the remote I don't know, as you will need to send the correct pattern on the correct frequency, which is different from TV to TV. You might be able to find something useful in the lirc.org project, which is a library for IR blasters. Otherwise take one of the apps and disassemble it and see what they do.