Mining on a phone (expirement/S&G)

As a preface I just want to say that from the research I’ve done recently (my last research into cryptocurrency was a few years ago and I’m aware that I’m anything but an expert on the topic)  there is no direct sensible way to use a phone to mine cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. 

I’ve also seen a lot of androids apps that are supposed to be indirect ways to obtain bitcoin or other currency that end up just being either ad funneling or are sketchy, in reliable, or in some other way a scam. 

With all that said I have an android phone (umi iron running 5.1) that I bought dirt cheap and having been using as sort of secondary smart device for productivy and media and was wondering if there is even the slowest way to mine coin of some sort actually using the hardware just to see with my own eyes the kind of results I could get or even if it means I end up with 1x10^-50 bitcoins after several months or something.  

I had looked into Electroneum briefly only to find their app isn’t compaitable with the phone, and of course since I’m not taking this very seriously I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy a phone that is.

I’m open to a lot of tinkering options as well since I’m not to worried about the phone getting bricked, or burning up, or in anyway just dying from anything like this. 

Thank you in advance! 

P.s 

I’m open to currencies besides just bitcoin (granted I’m not even sure what “legitimate” other ones are out there, though I’ve heard litecoin and ethereum) if I didn’t clarify that properly, and I believe pools are an option as well as long as I’m actually using the hardware (I’ve heard of cloud mining but again that would taking it outside of the phone) 

Edit: I don’t mean to be rude but I really couldn’t care less about the results, I  just want to know how I’d do it. 

I can't answer your question on how to do it but I will say you will get an insanely insignificant amount of any currency. If you were mining bitcoin it would probably take days to get like a pennies worth of BTC if even that.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i don't think a phone is much good to mining, get a pickaxe instead. Seriously phones are no good for mining.

What do you mean by "get a pickaxe"?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

It literally fries the phones.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Phones wouldn't be good for mining, but you can certainly fold on one.

I aware they aren’t, though I’ll have to look into folding with a phone since I’ve been interesting in folding in the past  

2 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

What do you mean by "get a pickaxe"?

He means as in literally mining 

7 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I can't answer your question on how to do it but I will say you will get an insanely insignificant amount of any currency. If you were mining bitcoin it would probably take days to get like a pennies worth of BTC if even that.

And that’s what I figure, but thank you anyway for the input 

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

It literally fries the phones.

Okay then how do I fry my phone using mining 

Just now, cleb said:

Okay then how do I fry my phone using mining 

Max load on cpu, gpu, and battery over a long period of time. Here is a recent article about malware using smartphones for mining.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/12/currency-mining-android-malware-is-so-aggressive-it-can-physically-harm-phones/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Max load on cpu, gpu, and battery over a long period of time. Here is a recent article about malware using smartphones for mining.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/12/currency-mining-android-malware-is-so-aggressive-it-can-physically-harm-phones/

Well I’m aware that it’s load on the cpu/gpu/etc. 

not exactly what I was asking for but thanks for the article anyway 

7 minutes ago, cleb said:

Well I’m aware that it’s load on the cpu/gpu/etc. 

not exactly what I was asking for but thanks for the article anyway 

I know what your asking, your asking on how to mine with that cheap phone that you bought. Phone aren't too powerful to begin with, so to mine on a phone is not the best option of doing it.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!