8700 Seem to Sell out Faster Than 8700k

Well there was this discussion in the phenom II era, where poeple pointed out that the deactivated core of the Phenom II x3 could be unlocked to be a fully usable x4. Turned out that every unlocked deactivated core ever properly tested was unstable or damaged which led to the CPUs death. Just saying... 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

14 hours ago, Bhav said:

I had a £415 Godlike Gaming die within a few months with some error code shown on the LEDs. No one at MSI support knew what the error code meant. I got the same error code on my replacement so thought it must have been something else. Changed out every other component, still getting the error code. Bought a much more expensive Asus RV10E instead and it worked.

Got the Godlike Gaming refunded by the retailer under UK laws that if a replacement is also faulty, you get a full refund. Also all that time I searched the MSI forums for the same error code. It was rampant across all their Z170 and X99 boards at the time with loads of their motherboards dying fast with the same code, and still MSI support had no idea what it was.

I also got a refund for my 5820k out of it though cos after having the error on two boards and my second set of ram, I thought it must be the CPU, which was bought from Amazon who refunded it without testing. Got a new 6850k ... error code still persisted. Worst PC experience ever thanks to MSI.

I think I had a huge thread about it here with most people blaming the retailer for sending me another faulty board, but really that would be MSI's fault for making so many faulty boards around that time.

Really just gonna stick to Asus boards forever now as I've never had suck serious issues with them, other than minor things like an LED and onboard wifi not working for which I simply get an RMA in 2 years time to sell and upgrade as I am doing now.

Price to fail time I really took the L (130USD and roughly 24 hours before it was pronounced dead). I'm just hoping that they send either a new-old-stock 960 ARMOR 4GB and hopefully it isn't fucked, or they boost me to a new 1060 6GB ARMOR. And if whatever I get back is fucked up too, well then I'd better get a refund or a GAMING X, because at that point it's just really fuckin' terrible QC and they should take it up the ass and maybe fix their shit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)