Pre-Built Pc tower for 2,000$ USD

AlaskanStrat

I have an awesome Laptop that i want to use for streaming ( 1070 Gpu , 16gb ram , 7700k ) but i don't want to game on it and stream on it at the same time . I have managed to save 2,000$ USD and want to 'purchase an actual desktop. I'm not good at building from scratch so i would like to get something pre built for about 2000$ . Looking for at least 1080 GPU 7700k Cpu  or better , 16GB of Ram and at least 512GB M.2 or SSD and 1Tb of HDD. Prefer to not have a liquid cooled system . Anyone know of any companies that will sell a pre built system with these specs for around 2,000$? I have checked Orgins site and it's so over complicated with options and i don't get to see any of the IO on the GPU's . Any help would be most appreciated . Also would love to see a full size desktop and not the compact small form . Thanks 

2 minutes ago, AlaskanStrat said:

I have an awesome Laptop that i want to use for streaming ( 1070 Gpu , 16gb ram , 7700k ) but i don't want to game on it and stream on it at the same time . I have managed to save 2,000$ USD and want to 'purchase an actual desktop. I'm not good at building from scratch so i would like to get something pre built for about 2000$ . Looking for at least 1080 GPU 7700k Cpu  or better , 16GB of Ram and at least 512GB M.2 or SSD and 1Tb of HDD. Prefer to not have a liquid cooled system . Anyone know of any companies that will sell a pre built system with these specs for around 2,000$? I have checked Orgins site and it's so over complicated with options and i don't get to see any of the IO on the GPU's . Any help would be most appreciated . Also would love to see a full size desktop and not the compact small form . Thanks 

you can try CyberPowerPC

They use off the shelf parts for the PC and it comes with their own warranty for faulty parts

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

3 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

you can try CyberPowerPC

They use off the shelf parts for the PC and it comes with their own warranty for faulty parts

Thanks , i'll look into them :P

I've read many horror stories regarding cyberpowerpc.

Buy the parts yourself and have it assembled at a local computer shop.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Just now, Raskolnikov said:

prob just a few annoying customers.

Tech Deals has bought a few CyberPowerPCs with no complains from him

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

2 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Thing is i live in the middle of nowhere Alaska and there isn't a computer shop for over 600 miles from where i live :( so to have it delivered pre built to my house would be the best option considering it's 15$ a pound to ship anything to my town . 

4 minutes ago, AlaskanStrat said:

Thing is i live in the middle of nowhere Alaska and there isn't a computer shop for over 600 miles from where i live :( so to have it delivered pre built to my house would be the best option considering it's 15$ a pound to ship anything to my town . 

Puget Systems is another company that uses off the shelf parts. Ive never done business with them, but they might be a good choice. They are based out of the state of Washington. Though Not sure if they could build something for you, for that budget. Graphics cards have gone up in price by a lot. Not to mention, RAM is also Ridiculously priced due to shortages. 

Also, many fully loaded gaming rigs can be up to 50lb in weight. Thats about $750 shipping. Is that coming out of your budget? If so, you may have to lower your specs. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

prob just a few annoying customers.

Tech Deals has bought a few CyberPowerPCs with no complains from him

Their non-custom assembly line models aren't that bad AFAIK, it gets wary when you go custom.

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Puget Systems is another company that uses off the shelf parts. Ive never done business with them, but they might be a good choice. They are based out of the state of Washington. Though Not sure if they could build something for you, for that budget. Graphics cards have gone up in price by a lot. Not to mention, RAM is also Ridiculously priced due to shortages. 

Thanks for the suggestion , i'll take a look for sure . Seems crazy for 2,000$ you can't build a system with the specs i want . 

Just now, AlaskanStrat said:

Thanks for the suggestion , i'll take a look for sure . Seems crazy for 2,000$ you can't build a system with the specs i want . 

Ive looked at building a new system myself. Its not the time. You might be better waiting to see if pricing gets any better. Unless you need one now. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Also, many fully loaded gaming rigs can be up to 50lb in weight. Thats about $750 shipping. Is that coming out of your budget? If so, you may have to lower your specs. 

Puget has A+++ customer support. Answered a bunch of tech related queries, and long & detailed at that. Also told me a bunch of things were essentially a waste of money for my needs (e.g. SLi). 

Just now, Raskolnikov said:

Their non-custom assembly line models aren't that bad AFAIK, it gets wary when you go custom.

they have a 1 year warranty period for all the parts in the desktops

even after the warranty period ends and parts fail

you can easily swap them out with newer parts

the case is CoolerMaster

the motherboard is Asus, MSI and Gigabyte to name a few brands they used

1 minute ago, AlaskanStrat said:

What do you guys think about this , Micro Center in Denver is willing to ship to me for free also . Seems to meet my specs and has a lot of internal room for good circulation and expansion. http://www.microcenter.com/product/496896/Titanium_GXH7B01l_Desktop_Computer

def a decent PC

but will prob swap out the PSU for a EVGA PSU

11 minutes ago, AlaskanStrat said:

What do you guys think about this , Micro Center in Denver is willing to ship to me for free also . Seems to meet my specs and has a lot of internal room for good circulation and expansion. http://www.microcenter.com/product/496896/Titanium_GXH7B01l_Desktop_Computer

Looks like a very decent deal. The motherboard is not very good, but should be fine, and the PSU should be replaced. 

A budget one would cost ~$50, and a tier 1 PSU would cost ~$80. 

:)

9 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

but will prob swap out the PSU for a EVGA PSU

Please don't make blanket statements for PSU brands. EVGA has the B1, B3, BT, BV, N1 and W1. As well as the overpriced G1

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Please don't make blanket statements for PSU brands. EVGA has the B1, B3, BT, BV, N1 and W1. As well as the overpriced G1

well obviously i will not ask him to pick the sub par PSUs

The B3 series is still way better than the ThermalTake PSU

Depend on the sale

He can pick up the G3 series

1 minute ago, dragoon20005 said:

Depend on the sale

It might not be obvious.

Well, yes, but it's still not great. And the CX/M usually costs about the same.

The G1 is a group regulated unit, so it'll have to cost less than the CX/M to be good.

The G3 is quite noisy, there are usually quieter PSUs for the price. Even the G2 is quieter. 

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

It might not be obvious.

Well, yes, but it's still not great. And the CX/M usually costs about the same.

The G1 is a group regulated unit, so it'll have to cost less than the CX/M to be good.

The G3 is quite noisy, there are usually quieter PSUs for the price. Even the G2 is quieter. 

What i currently own in terms of PSU is the Corsair CX430M which was the pre-grey label version

there is def misinformation of the PSU, because that PSU is used in my HTPC in the living room and it still runs fairly well.

yes it on the noisy side but when you are watching videos, you can hardly hear the fans and the PC is in the TV cabinet

The other brand i used is the CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 1300 watts Unit and the CoolerMaster VSM550 watts unit

The 1300W at full power sounds like a jet engine

while the 550 barely hear it humming on my dad's PC

I dont hear any complains about the G3 being noisy

it could be bad units out there

4 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

Depend on the sale

I appreciate the suggestions in PSU . I don't know much about brands so the suggestion for EVGA is helpful. 

3 minutes ago, AlaskanStrat said:

I appreciate the suggestions in PSU . I don't know much about brands so the suggestion for EVGA is helpful. 

This is the thread in the PSU/Case Section. Kinda eplianing which PSU's are good. 

4 hours ago, AlaskanStrat said:

if you can travel to best buy in anchorage i would go there and buy a prebuilt, they have some great deals there, i think i saw an 8700k with a 1080 there for $1800 at my local best buy

3 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

What i currently own in terms of PSU is the Corsair CX430M which was the pre-grey label version

there is def misinformation of the PSU, because that PSU is used in my HTPC in the living room and it still runs fairly well.

yes it on the noisy side but when you are watching videos, you can hardly hear the fans and the PC is in the TV cabinet

The other brand i used is the CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 1300 watts Unit and the CoolerMaster VSM550 watts unit

The 1300W at full power sounds like a jet engine

while the 550 barely hear it humming on my dad's PC

I dont hear any complains about the G3 being noisy

it could be bad units out there

Are you talking about the CX430M? For an HTPC, it should be fine, but for something with a dGPU, something better is adviced. And it's hard to know if a PSU actually works, because a PSU with a blown capacitor can send enough ripple to kill the components, even if the PC is still powering on. An oscilloscope is what you need to test that.

A high wattage PSU will of course be noisy. More heat.

The lower wattage models are fine, but the higher wattage ones have really aggressive fan curves. Cybenetics has testing for some of the G3 models. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database