Pre-Built Pc tower for 2,000$ USD

AlaskanStrat
10 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Are you talking about the CX430M? For an HTPC, it should be fine, but for something with a dGPU, something better is adviced. And it's hard to know if a PSU actually works, because a PSU with a blown capacitor can send enough ripple to kill the components, even if the PC is still powering on. An oscilloscope is what you need to test that.

A high wattage PSU will of course be noisy. More heat.

The lower wattage models are fine, but the higher wattage ones have really aggressive fan curves. Cybenetics has testing for some of the G3 models. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database

yes its that exact model, it powering my Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 HTPC, the PC has a dGPU but it just a AMD HD5450 1GB for the HDMI output

I get comments to replace the PSU when i prob using like half of the total wattage the PSU can provide and i am on 230V power

The Coolermaster monster 1300 watts PSU has a fan controller ( yes its a wired fan controller ) so for the shits and giggles. I ramp up the fan to max power and my mum was in the other room could hear the PSU fans and scream at me to turn it off. By default it has an auto mode that keeps it in silent mode when i am at the desktop

The only thing which will draw high power is prob my CPU which is the classic QX6800 Core 2 Quad Extreme CPU which is the 130 watts beast of the LGA775 era. My reference GTX 950 hardly draws a lot of power

My dad's PC was built by me to replace the HP workstation which i got free from work

the 550 Watts Gold PSU is prob overkill because the fairly new PC has no dGPU and it only a locked i5 4460 with 8GB of RAM and lots of SSD and HDD

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.