Any opinions on my new Gaming rig plans

Budget of around $3000 AUD 

CPU- I7-8700k

Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E 

RAM- 16GB(2x8GB sticks) G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Storage- Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB and Seagate FireCuda 2TB SSHD

PSU- Corsair HX1000 1000w

CPU Cooling- Corsair H105 240mm (mounting in a push pull config on front of case and replacing stock fans)

Case- Cougar Panzer Mid Tower

Case Fans and Radiator Fans- Corsair ML120 Pro LED RED

Thermal paste- Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut

GPU- GTX 1050TI (WILL BE UPGRADED TO TWO FLAGSHIP VOLTA GPU IN SLI)

Aim-

the aim of the build is to have a powerful gaming machine capable of running everything in 1440p at Ultra settings and 100+ FPS

Wait for RAM prices to drop down or get used RAM for a reasonable price.

I think you'd be fine with a 500gb SSD and a better hard drive (or SSHD in this case).

With the GPU, Volta cards aren't coming anytime soon, and I even doubt they will have proper SLI support.

once the volta cards are in i think it could handle that excellently

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

Welcome to the forum!

The build looks pretty good. If it's just for gaming the SSD is a little overkill, and if your secondary drive is just for infrequently accessed games or mass storage there's no point in getting an SSHD. You're really fine with using such a low end graphics card all the way until Volta launches?

Ultra settings aren't really that much better than High. It's something like a 5% improvement at a massive 20%+ hit in performance.

5 minutes ago, IsaacThePooper said:

Wait for RAM prices to drop down or get used RAM for a reasonable price.

I think you'd be fine with a 500gb SSD and a better hard drive (or SSHD in this case).

With the GPU, Volta cards aren't coming anytime soon, and I even doubt they will have proper SLI support.

Kind of poor advice, RAM prices arne't going to drop for quite a while.

I agree about SLI, but who knows, maybe it'll still be decent. Personally I think the next gen cards will handle 1440p perfectly fine considering the 1080Ti can do pretty well right now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

19 minutes ago, SynapsisFlame said:

Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E 

RAM- 16GB(2x8GB sticks) G.Skill Trident Z RGB

PSU- Corsair HX1000 1000w

GPU- GTX 1050TI (WILL BE UPGRADED TO TWO FLAGSHIP VOLTA GPU IN SLI)

I have made some changes to your list

Motherboard- Aorus Gaming 7

RAM- 16GB(2x8GB sticks) G.Skill Trident Z RGB (remember to get the 3200 ones)

PSU- Corsair RM 750X

Storage- Samsung EVO 850 500GB

Aorus Gaming 7 got 6 ISL99227 Smart Powerstages and its powerful and efficient. Also it got ton of RGB which is customizable (I hope you like that sort of things)

The PSU, you dont really need a 1000w. 750 would be enough to power your system. I understand you want to SLI but SLI is pretty much for bragging rights / 60FPS 4k gaming. 60 FPS aint really a proper gaming experience unless you play with a controller or have never tried 144hz gaming, min FPS should be 120+ inorder to get that smooth buttery feel. a single 1080ti will pretty much do ultra in 1080p or high in 1440p with 120-144 FPS with ease. Also, dont forget SLI support are pretty poor in some games so dont even bother with the 1050ti SLI get a 1080ti instead.  Like the others said, you dont really need a m.2 for gaming as you wont see much difference in it, an SSD is more than enough for gaming. 

P.S I didnt spell check or anything, I am really tried. :/

Change the SSHD to a larger normal HDD, you won't feel a difference in speed since I'm assuming your OS will be on the NVME drive.

Also, you can't SLI Volta (no SLI fingers and no NVlink connector, you're stuck with 1 and only 1). And I would not recommend anything over a 1080Ti or two for gaming.

I went for the ASUS Strix board to be Aura sync compatabile with the ASUS GPUs i plan to get once they release the board partner versions of the Volta GPUs, Also thanks for the advice on the annoying lack of SLI on the Volta cards i assumed it would have it because Nvidia likes money. Changed the hard drives to a 500gb SSD and a 4TB HDD.